This creamy potato casserole is packed with flavor and three cheeses. Sometimes called Funeral Potatoes, this side dish is the perfect comfort food to serve at a family dinner or on holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Potato Casserole Ingredients
- 1 Package Frozen Hash Brown Potatoes (32 ounces)
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 1/4 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated and divided
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Swiss Cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Corn Flakes, crushed
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
How to Make Three Cheese Funeral Potatoes
- In a large bowl, mix together the hash brown potatoes, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt, black pepper, 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and Swiss cheese.
- Spray an 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the potato mixture.
- Place the cornflakes in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to roughly crush.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cornflakes with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese over the potato mixture and top corn evenly with the crushed cornflakes.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
More Side Dish Recipes:
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Copycat KFC Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- 5 Minute Coconut Rice