- A lightened up version of a fast food favorite! This Big Mac Salad is packed full of low carb goodness and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I have been trying to decrease the amount of carbs I eat every day, but I have a confession to make. I love McDonald’s.
There’s just something about that delicious Bic Mac hamburger that just gets to me.
Although I love McDonald’s I try not to eat out very often. I like to save money and I like be in control of what I put into my body.
How to Order a Low Carb Bic Mac at McDonald’s
When I was following the Keto diet, I found out that you could order a Bic Mac without the bun.
Basically, McDonald’s will put your two hamburger patties in a container with the lettuce and special sauce.
That’s when I decided that I wanted to make my own low carb Big Mac at home!
How to Make a Chopped Salad
I am not a big fan of eating salad with giant pieces of lettuce. There is really no way to eat it and look classy.
I guess you could use a knife and fork, but that seems like a lot of work for a salad.
That is why I almost always chop up my salads. Making a chopped salad is really pretty simple. Just chop your ingredients up so that they are relatively the same size.
Another way to make a chopped salad great is to toss the ingredients with the dressing. That is what I did in this recipe and it makes a huge difference.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Teaspoon Season Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 8 Cups Romain Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 6 Pickle Spears, chopped
- Thousand Island Dressing
How to Make a Big Mac Salad
- Begin by spraying a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground beef to the pan and break it up with a spatula.
- As the meat is cooking, sprinkle it with garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt.
- When the ground beef is fully cooked, stir in the ketchup and mustard. Set the meat aside.
- Wash and chop the romaine lettuce, as well as the tomatoes and pickles.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl and pour the Thousand Island dressing over the top.
- Place a lid on the bowl and shake to coat the lettuce with the dressing.
- Add the lettuce to the serving bowls and top with the ground beef mixture, chopped tomatoes, pickles, and shredded cheese.
- Drizzle with more dressing, if desired.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Other Recipes You Will Love:
- Low Carb Keto Pizza
- Cafe Zupas California Protein Cobb Salad
- Honeycrisp Harvest Salad
- The Best BBQ Chicken Salad