Delicious sugar cookies made with Cookie Butter! These cookies can be dropped on a baking sheet with a cookie scoop, or rolled out and cut with cookie cutters. Don’t forget to top these amazing cookies with cookie butter frosting!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup Cookie Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened (frosting)
- 1/2 Cup Cookie Butter (frosting)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt (frosting)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar (frosting)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk, as needed (frosting)
How to Make Cookie Butter Sugar Cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, cookie butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until cookie dough forms. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Drop Cookies: Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Rolled Sugar Cookies: Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2 hours. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4″ – 1/2″ thickness. Use cookie cutters to shape cookies and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes until the edges begin to brown.
How to Make Cookie Butter Frosting
- Beat together with the butter, cookie butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add milk as necessary to achieve your desired consistency.
- Frost the cookie butter sugar cookies with the cookie butter frosting!