The BEST Streusel Pumpkin Muffins recipe that is super easy to make and has a delicious, crumbly streusel topping. Bakes in just 20 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
It’s that time again when you get out your over-sized sweaters, pull on some comfy socks, and eat and drink everything pumpkin spice!
Welcome Fall! Going right along with all of those Autumn feelings, are these amazingly easy Streusel Pumpkin Muffins!
These muffins are absolute perfection and are a favorite of my family. My boys can not wait until it is time to make them.
Where do you get Pumpkin Purée?
Pumpkin puree can usually be found year round in the baking aisle of you local grocery store.
I have used both Libby’s canned pumpkin and store brand, and both seem to work great.
Just make sure you use pumpkin purée and not pumpkin pie filling. They are totally different and your muffins will not bake correctly if you use pie filling.
Ingredients for Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Flour, for streusel
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, for streusel
- 2 Tablespoons COLD Butter
How to Make Streusel Pumpkin Muffins
- Place the melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl and mix together until completely combined.
- Add the pumpkin purée, milk, eggs, and maple syrup and stir.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Line a muffin pan with baking liners and use a 1/4 cup cookie scoop to fill the cups with batter.
- To make the streusel, add the flour and brown sugar to a bowl and cup in the butter. Or place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the butter is the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the top of each muffin with a spoon.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Helpful Kitchen Equipment
Other Breakfast Recipes: