Banana Cream Muffins are moist and packed with banana flavor with a creamy cinnamon center. One of the best banana muffin recipes ever!
I’ve mentioned in my Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins recipe that muffins are kind of a big deal at my house. A really big deal.
We eat a lot of muffins and my boys definitely let me know what muffins they like and which recipes don’t make the cut.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Banana Cream Muffins
This Banana Cream Muffins recipe is one that they love! I love them too, mostly because of the delicious, creamy, cinnamon cream cheese filling.
What Can Be Added to Banana Muffins?
There are many things you can add to these banana muffins for a delicious variety. Some ideas are:
- Mini chocolate chips
Can Banana Cream Muffins be made into Banana Bread?
Yes! This recipe will make a delicious banana bread. To make banana cream bread:
- Pour half of the batter into a 9.5 inch x 5 inch loaf pan
- Place dollops of cream cheese filling over the batter and use a knife to swirl
- Cover with the remaining batter and bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes
Can Oil Be Used Instead of Butter?
You can definitely use oil instead of butter. Good substitutes would be vegetable oil, canola oil, or corn oil.
Can Almond Milk Be Used Instead of Milk
Yes! I use almond milk in this recipe all of the time and they come out delicious every time!
More Muffin Recipes
Banana Cream Muffins Ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Bananas, mashed
- Butter, melted
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream Cheese, softened
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Banana Cream Muffins
- Add the flour, sugar, and baking powder to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened. Do not over mix.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a small bowl or food processor, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon with a hand mixer or with a spoon.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to a sandwich size ziplock bag and set aside.
- Place baking liners in a muffin pan and add 2 tablespoons of batter to each cup. (I use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop)
- Snip off the corner of the ziplock bag and squeeze approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin.
- Top each muffin with 2 more tablespoons of batter.
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
More Banana Recipes:
More Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Perfect French Toast
- Crispy Waffles
- Funnel Cake Waffles
- Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Sweet Cream Waffles
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
Watch the video here: