Savor the delightful combination of ripe bananas and creamy cream cheese in every bite of our Banana Cream Cheese Muffins. These irresistible treats boast a moist and fluffy texture, complemented by a luscious cream cheese filling that adds a decadent twist to your morning routine or afternoon snack. Get ready to elevate your muffin game with this delectable fusion of flavors!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Why You’ll Love These Banana Cream Muffins
Indulge your taste buds and elevate your baking repertoire with our tantalizing Banana Cream Cheese Muffins recipe. Imagine sinking your teeth into a warm, moist muffin bursting with the sweet essence of ripe bananas, perfectly complemented by a rich and creamy cream cheese filling that melts in your mouth with every bite.
Whether you’re craving a delightful breakfast treat, a satisfying snack, or a decadent dessert, these muffins offer a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that are sure to satisfy. With each batch, you’ll delight in the aroma wafting through your kitchen and the joy of sharing these delectable creations with loved ones. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to experience the irresistible allure of our Banana Cream Cheese Muffins – your taste buds will thank you!
Banana Cream Muffins Ingredients
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- All-Purpose Flour: The best flour to use in this recipe is all-purpose flour. You can use whole wheat flour, but the muffins will be dense.
- Sugar: I like to use granulated white sugar in this recipe, but you could also use brown sugar.
- Baking Powder: This is what is going to make your muffins nice and fluffy.
- Eggs: The eggs help to bind everything together and make the muffins nice and moist.
- Mashed Bananas: You’re going to want to use 2 ripe bananas for this recipe. If they’re not ripe, see the tips above on how to ripen them quickly.
- Melted Butter: I like to use unsalted butter, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
- Milk: I use whole milk in this recipe, but you can use any type of milk.
- Sour Cream: The sour cream helps to make the muffins nice and moist.
- Vanilla Extract: This is for flavor. I like to buy pure vanilla extract from Costco, but you can also get it at your local grocery store.
- Softened Cream Cheese: You’re going to want to use full-fat cream cheese for this recipe.
- Cinnamon: This is for flavor. You could also add a little nutmeg or cloves if you’d like.
How to Make Banana Cream Muffins
[Step 1] Muffin Batter: Whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder to a large bowl.
[Step 2] In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture until moistened. Do not over mix.
[Step 3] Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium bowl or food processor, combine the softened cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon with a hand mixer or with a spoon. Add the cream cheese mixture to a sandwich size ziplock bag and set aside.
[Step 4] Place a paper muffin liner in each cup of a muffin pan and add 2 tablespoons of batter to each cup. (I use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop)
[Step 5] Snip off the corner of the ziplock bag and squeeze approximately 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Add 2 more tablespoons of batter to the top of the muffins.
[Step 6] Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Store Leftover Cream Cheese Banana Muffins
To preserve the freshness and flavor of leftover Banana Cream Cheese Muffins, it’s essential to store them properly. Once cooled to room temperature, place the muffins in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. If you anticipate consuming them within a day or two, you can keep them at room temperature.
However, for longer storage, it’s best to refrigerate the muffins. Before storing, you may want to line the container with parchment paper or place wax paper between the layers to prevent sticking.
When ready to enjoy again, simply reheat the muffins in the microwave for a few seconds or warm them in the oven at a low temperature until heated through. Stored this way, your banana cream cheese muffins will stay fresh and delicious for several days, allowing you to savor their irresistible goodness whenever the craving strikes.
Banana Muffin Add-In Ideas
- Mini Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Chunks
Banana Muffins with only 2 Bananas!
Most banana muffin recipes call for 3-4 bananas, but sometimes you only have 2 bananas. What can you do? Make these moist Banana Muffins with just 2 bananas! They’re moist and packed with banana flavor, with a creamy cinnamon cente
How to Ripen Bananas for Banana Muffins
To make banana muffins, you’re going to want to make sure that they are ripe. You can tell they are ripe when they are starting to get brown spots on them and they are soft to the touch. Ripe bananas are going to give your muffins the best flavor. If you don’t have ripe bananas, there are a few ways that you can ripen them quickly.
- The first way is to place the bananas on a baking sheet and bake them at 300 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Another way is to place the bananas in a brown paper bag with an apple or tomato. The ethylene gas that the apple or tomato emits will help to ripen the bananas.
- The last way is to place the bananas in a bowl and microwave them for about 30 seconds.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread Instructions
- Pour half of the batter into a 9.5 inch x 5 inch loaf pan
- Place dollops of cream cheese filling over the batter and use a knife to swirl
- Cover with the remaining batter and bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy recipe will make 12 standard size muffins.
There are 3 medium bananas in 1 cup.
You can definitely use oil instead of butter. Good substitutes would be vegetable oil, canola oil, or corn oil.
Yes! I use almond milk in this recipe all of the time and they come out delicious every time!
These Banana Cream Cheese Muffins are a true delight for the senses, offering a perfect balance of sweetness and creaminess in every bite. Whether enjoyed as a morning pick-me-up, a delightful snack, or a comforting dessert, these muffins never fail to impress.
With their moist texture, irresistible banana flavor, and decadent cream cheese filling, they are sure to become a favorite in your baking repertoire. So, whip up a batch today and treat yourself to the heavenly goodness of these delightful muffins – you won’t be disappointed!
More Banana Recipes:
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Cake Mix Banana Bread Recipe
- Pancake Mix Banana Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana French Toast Bake
- Banana Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Watch the video here: