This Cake Mix Banana Bread is easy and delicious to make with only 4 ingredients that are probably already in your pantry!
There is nothing like eating a warm slice of freshly baked banana bread just out of the oven.
Talk about the ultimate comfort food. My neighbor recently gave us 3 bunches of bananas and I knew that banana bread would be in our future!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
I was running low on flour and didn’t want to make a run to the grocery store, but I did have a cake mix.
Banana Bread with a Cake Mix
To make banana bread with a cake mix, you basically replace the water that is called for, with smashed bananas. Bananas really make everything better, don’t they 😉
Cake Mix Banana Bread can be made with so many variations, the sky is the limit!
Try using a spice cake mix, a chocolate cake mix, a vanilla cake mix with chocolate chips, and more!
This recipe will make two standard size loaves of banana bread.
If you don’t plan on eating it all in one sitting, it will usually last 1 or 2 days at room temperature or about 1 week in the refrigerator, stored in an air-tight container or ziplock bag.
You can also freeze this banana bread. Just wrap it in plastic wrap, followed by tin foil and it should last a couple of months.
To thaw it out, remove it from the freezer and and allow it to come to room temperature on your kitchen counter. This should take about 2 hours.
Other Banana Recipes to Try:
- Cake Mix (Vanilla, White, or Yellow)
- Oil (Vegetable, Canola, or Corn)
- Mashed Bananas
- Flour for dusting pans
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Mash your bananas with a fork or with a small food processor.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the wet ingredients and gently stir to combine, but don’t over mix.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pans for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the loaves to a cooling rack and allow to completely cool for 1-2 hours before slicing.
More Cake Mix Recipes to Try: