This Sour Cream Banana Bread is a fool-proof recipe that is so perfect and moist that it will melt in your mouth!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Below you will find tips, tricks and helpful hints for making this recipe including step by step instructions with pictures. If you would like to go directly to the recipe, scroll down to the recipe card or use the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page.
I have been spending a lot more time at home lately, which has lead to a baking obsession. I have been baking everything from cupcakes, to cookies, to breads.
So when there are ripe bananas sitting on your counter top and you are in the mood to bake, banana bread is the logical next step.
We love baked goods made with bananas. I have a recipe for Cake Mix Banana Bread, which is amazing, and also Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins and Banana Cream Muffins.
But I want to share this Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe as well, because it is absolutely amazing!
This recipe is perfectly moist and pretty much melts in your mouth with every bite.
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Sugar, to coat pan
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon, to coat pan
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar, just like you would when making cookie dough.
- Add in the eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Prepare two 9×5 loaf pans by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and sprinkle over the cooking spray in each loaf pan.
- Divide the batter between the pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread loaves to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
More Banana Recipes
- Chunky Monkey Muffins
- Cake Mix Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana French Toast Bake
- Banana Cream Muffins
Watch the video here: