Delicious Peanut Butter Banana Muffins that are moist, packed with flavor, and bake perfectly every time. We like to call them Chunky Monkey Muffins!
This may or may not be the third Banana Muffin recipe that I have shared on my website. What can I say? We like banana muffins.
The first was Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins that have been a total hit and are one of the most popular recipes here.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
The next was Banana Cream muffins that are not only packed with banana flavor, but have a cinnamon cream center. They are absolute heaven.
As long as we’re talking about bananas, you’ve got to try this Cake Mix Banana Bread. It is seriously one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made, and the result is delicious!
Now on to the recipe!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
These muffins have quickly become a favorite at our house. They are great because you can add things to them like chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
Or you can make them without and they are just as good. We like to add some milk chocolate chips and call them Chunky Monkey Muffins!
- Butter- You will need softened butter for this recipe. Both unsalted and salted butter will work. To soften butter, remove it from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, or soften it in the microwave.
- Sugar- Regular granulated white sugar works great in this recipe.
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar is used alongside white sugar because brown sugar tends to make baked goods, like these banana muffins, more moist.
- Eggs- I recommend using large eggs for this recipe.
- Mashed Bananas- This muffin recipe is the perfect way to use up over-ripe bananas.
- Creamy Peanut Butter- My family prefers creamy peanut butter, but if you want a little crunch with your muffins, feel free to use crunchy peanut butter.
- Milk- I usually use 2% milk when making these muffins. You can definitely substitute higher fat milks, as well as almond milk.
- Vanilla Extract- I love to use pure vanilla extract because it really enhances the flavor of these muffins.
- All-Purpose Flour- I use all-purpose flour to make these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins because it is a very versatile flour.
- Baking Soda- Baking soda is used in this recipe as a leavening agent to help the muffins rise.
- Salt- Salt is used in baked goods to enhance sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips, optional
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Food Processor, Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- 1/4 Cup Scoop
- Muffin Liners
- Muffin Pan
- Cooling Rack
- Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. I like to use my food processor for this step.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Beat in the mashed bananas, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until moistened.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Place paper muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- Use a scoop to add about 1/4 cup of batter to each cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a cooling rack.
More Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Perfect French Toast
- Crispy Waffles
- Funnel Cake Waffles
- Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Sweet Cream Waffles
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
Watch the Video Below:
Monday 12th of April 2021
how many calories for one?
Friday 12th of February 2021
Just made a batch. Delicious! I assume these can be frozen. Also, I would think these could be stored in zip lock bag on counter. Great recipe. Thank you.
Tuesday 26th of January 2021
? Can I substitute applesauce for the banana. I love bananas, my daughter hates them :( and if so, would it be the same equivalent?
Sunday 27th of December 2020
You mentioned salt when you mention it in your how to add all the ingredients but you never mentioned salt or how much in your list of ingredients
Saturday 9th of January 2021
Thank you for letting me know! It is 1/4 teaspoon of salt :)