Get ready to drool over these irresistible Chunky Monkey Muffins – aka Peanut Butter Banana Muffins with chocolate chips! Picture this: moist, banana-infused goodness, swirled with creamy peanut butter and studded with melty chocolate chips in every bite. They’re like a cozy hug for your taste buds, baked to golden perfection every single time!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
About Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
This may or may not be the third banana muffin recipe that I have shared on my website. What can I say? We like banana muffins. The first was Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins that have been a total hit and are one of the most popular recipes here.
The next was Banana Cream Muffins that are not only packed with banana flavor, but have a cinnamon cream center. They are absolute heaven.
As long as we’re talking about bananas, you’ve got to try this Cake Mix Banana Bread. It is seriously one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made, and the result is delicious. You’ll also want to try these delicious Banana Pancakes. Now on to the recipe!
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
These muffins have quickly become a favorite at our house. They are great because you can add things to them like chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Or you can make them without and they are just as good. We like to add some milk chocolate chips and call them Chunky Monkey Muffins!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Butter: You will need softened butter for this recipe. Both unsalted and salted butter will work Using butter creates a moist muffin and contributes to their delicious soft texture. To soften butter, remove it from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature, or soften it in the microwave.
- Sugar: Regular granulated white sugar works great in this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar is used alongside white sugar because it tends to make baked goods, like these banana muffins, more moist.
- Eggs: I recommend using large eggs for this recipe.
- Mashed Bananas: This muffin recipe is the perfect way to use up over-ripe bananas.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: My family prefers creamy peanut butter, but if you want a little crunch with your muffins, feel free to use crunchy peanut butter.
- Milk: I usually use 2% milk when making these muffins. You can easily substitute higher fat milks or almond milk.
- Vanilla Extract: I love to use pure vanilla extract because it really enhances the flavor of these muffins.
- All-Purpose Flour: I use all-purpose flour to make these Peanut Butter Banana Muffins because it is so versatile.
- Baking Soda:Baking soda is used in this recipes as a leavening agent to help the muffins rise.
- Salt: This is used in baked goods to enhance sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips are optional. Dark chocolate chunks are also a great option.
[Step 2] Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Beat in the mashed bananas, peanut butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
[Step 4] Gently fold in the chocolate chips, if desired.
[Step 6] Bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Food Processor, Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- 1/4 Cup Scoop
- Muffin Liners
- Muffin Tin
- Cooling Rack
How to Store Muffins
After you’ve pulled those warm muffins out of the oven, ensuring they stay as delicious as the moment they cooled is crucial. First off, let’s talk storage. Wrapping these tender muffins in plastic wrap or sealing them in an airtight container keeps them moist banana muffins fresh for days.
For those who can’t resist making a large batch of these easy muffins, you’ll be thrilled to know they freeze wonderfully. Just wrap each homemade muffin individually in plastic wrap, pop them in a freezer bag, and enjoy a quick breakfast or afternoon snack anytime.
Baking Tips & Tricks
Getting those peanut butter banana muffins just right might seem like a magical feat, but it’s all about sticking to some basic principles. Here’s how you can whip up tender muffins that are both moist and bursting with flavor – perfect for a quick breakfast or an afternoon snack. Trust me, these tips will have you baking like a pro in no time!
- Choose Over-Ripe Bananas: For the most tender and moist banana muffins, using extra ripe bananas is key. Their softer texture and natural sweetness intensify the flavor of your muffins, making them irresistible.
- Add A Chunky Monkey Twist: Want to elevate your peanut butter banana muffin recipe? Toss in some chocolate chips for that classic Chunky Monkey flair. Whether you pick milk, dark, or even white chocolate, each bite will be a delightful surprise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! If you’re a fan of a little extra texture in your peanut butter banana muffins, feel free to swap the creamy peanut butter for a crunchy variety. The outcome will be just as delicious, adding a nice crunch to each bite. You can use any type of peanut butter you’d like, even natural peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter.
Overripe bananas are ideal for these muffins because they add natural sweetness and moisture. However, if you’re in a pinch, you can ripen bananas quickly by baking them in the oven at 300°F for about 15 minutes, or until they’re blackened and soft.
Yes, these peanut butter banana muffins are perfect for a quick grab-and-go breakfast or a satisfying afternoon snack. Wrap them in plastic wrap for an easy on-the-go option, ensuring you always have a delicious and nutritious treat at hand.
In conclusion, homemade peanut butter banana muffins truly embody the essence of a heartwarming, tender muffin. The ease with which these delicious muffins can be whipped up is only shadowed by their irresistible peanut butter flavor, solidifying their status as a great recipe for a quick breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Each bite into these warm muffins offers a comforting blend of moist banana goodness and the tender texture only a homemade muffin can provide. So, why not treat yourself to these easy muffins? Embark on creating your very own batch of these delicious, homemade peanut butter banana muffins and revel in their delightful taste.