A chocolate cupcake with cherry filling, dark chocolate ganache, OREO cookie crumbs, and an edible tombstone! The homemade version of Disneyland’s Graveyard Cupcakes found at Jolly Holiday Cafe during Halloween Time!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
I am loving all of the Halloween treats that are available at Disneyland and Disney World right now! Seeing them really makes me wish I was experiencing some Disney Halloween magic right now!
One of my favorite things to do is to recreate these yummy and adorable treats so that people like me, can make them at home.
When I saw these Graveyard Cupcakes on the menu at the Jolly Holiday Cafe, I knew my kids would love them!
The Jolly Holiday Cafe is on Main Street U.S.A. at Disneyland just before the entrance of Adventureland.
Not only can you find Graveyard Cupcakes, but you can also find Mickey Mummy Macarons! Get the recipe HERE.
This is how the menu describes these cupcakes:
Chocolate Cupcake with Cherry Filling, Dark Chocolate Mousse, Halloween Sprinkles, and a Tombstone Chocolate Piece
Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it? I promise you, that your mouth will thank you if you make these cupcakes. And they are perfect to make for a Halloween party or get together!
Here are more Disney Halloween treats you might want to make at home:
- Disneyland’s Apple Pie Funnel Cake
- Jack Skellington or Mickey Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Mickey Mummy Macarons
Where Can You Find Candy Tombstones?
Which ever method you choose, prepare the headstones before making the cupcakes. That way they will be ready when it is time to put them together.
Graveyard Cupcake Ingredients
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
Dark Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Cherry Pie Filling
- 12 OREOs, crushed into crumbs
- Tomb Stone Candies (I found these on Amazon)
- Halloween Sprinkles (If you didn’t get the graveyard kit)
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Cupcake Liners or Standard Baking Cups
- Cupcake Pan
- One Tablespoon Cookie Scoop
- Cooling Rack
- Piping Bag
- Cupcake Corer
How to Make Disneyland’s Graveyard Cupcakes
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, melted butter, cake mix, and milk. Beat on low for about 30 seconds, then turn the mixer up to high for 2 minutes.
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan. If you want yours to look like they do at Disneyland, use these parchment liners. Standard liners work great too!
- Use a one Tablespoon cookie scoop to add 3 Tablespoons of cupcake batter to each cup.
- Bake the cupcakes at 325 degrees for 14-16 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
- Pour the heavy cream over the top.
- Microwave the mixture on 50% power for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Refrigerate the ganache until it reaches a thick consistency.
- When the ganache is cold, place it in the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until the ganache is the same consistency as buttercream frosting.
- Add the ganache to a piping bag.
How to Assemble Graveyard Cupcakes
- Use a knife or a cupcake corer to remove the center of the cupcake.
- Add one scoop of cherry pie filling.
- Pipe the ganache on to completely cover the top of the cupcake.
- Add one tombstone to each cupcake.
- Sprinkle OREO crumbs over the ganache covered cupcakes to look like dirt.
- If you used the graveyard cupcake kit, place a few of the candy bones on top of the OREO crumbs. If not, use your favorite Halloween Sprinkles.