Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth… especially during Halloween! The Disneyland Halloween season is full of spooky fun, from special events and decorations to themed food and snacks. Plus, there’s no better place to celebrate the holiday than Disneyland, home of the original pumpkin king himself, Jack Skellington! Here are a few tips, tricks, and secrets to help you make the most of your Disneyland Halloween experience.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort
If you know me, you know that I LOVE Disneyland! One of my favorite times at the Disneyland Resort is Halloween Time.
Disneyland doesn’t cheap out on anything when it comes to celebrating Halloween at the parks.
If you are wanting to visit Disneyland this fall, have my friends over at Get Away Today help you!
When is Halloween Time at Disneyland 2022?
Disneyland’s Halloween Time is returning for another year of festive fun! From September 2 – October 31, 2022, Disneyland will be transformed into a Halloween wonderland with special Halloween decorations, treats and entertainment. There will be something for everyone to enjoy, so make sure to mark the date in your calendar.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
If you’re looking to save some money at Disneyland, check out the amazing deals from Get Away Today. They have discount Disneyland tickets and reduced hotel rates to make your vacation not only magical, but affordable!
You can even use the promo code MommyMouse to get an additional $10 off your Disneyland vacation package!
If you are debating whether or not you want to see Halloween Time at Disneyland, let me nudge you in the right direction. You NEED to go!
Especially this year, there are so many fun additions to the parks that you really won’t want to miss.
Halloween Time at Disneyland Park
Below you will find special offerings and Halloween celebrations that are only available during Halloween Time inside Disneyland Park.
Halloween Screams Fireworks Projection Show
A must-see during Halloween Time is the special fireworks show, Halloween Screams. This year’s show features projection mapping technology over Sleeping Beauty Castle that will make the fireworks display even more spectacular.
You can watch the show from anywhere in Main Street, U.S.A., but for the best view, head to Sleeping Beauty Castle. Arrive early to get a spot, as the area fills up fast!
Haunted Mansion Holiday
This special overlay of the Haunted Mansion features Jack Skellington, his friends and other Tim Burton creations. The entire attraction is decorated for the holiday, from the exterior to the stretching room.
Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for all of the little details, like Zero peeking out from a window and a hidden Mickey made out of pumpkins. This attraction is available until early January.
Main Street Pumpkin Festival
One of my favorite things about Halloween Time is all of the pumpkins! Disneyland goes all out with decorations, and one of the best places to see them is on Main Street, U.S.A.
During the Main Street Pumpkin Festival, you’ll find hand-carved pumpkins lining the street, including the famous large Mickey Pumpkin!
Disneyland Park Halloween Time Snacks, Meals & Treats
Don’t stop at the spooky décor and ghostly rides, treat yourself to some ghoulish grub while you are at the parks.
If you want to try something a little sweet, there are plenty of options for you. Here are some delicious treats to try:
- Churros: Churros with Pumpkin Dipping Sauce (near Casey Jr. Circus Train), Chocolate Dusted Churros (Critter Country Fruit Cart), White Chocolate Churro (New Orleans Square Churro Cart), Pumpkin Spice Churro (Tomorrowland Churro Cart), Chocolate Cookie Churro (Town Square Churro and Sleeping Beauty Castle Churro Cart)
- Alien Pizza Planet: Deconstructed Lasagna, Supernova Special, Halloween Alien Macaron
- Café Orleans: Chocolate-Praline Mousse Cake
- Candy Palace: Jack Skellington Apple, Poison Skull Apple, Mummy Marshmallow Wand, Jack Skellington Cake Pop, Minnie Witch Crispy, Spider Web Crispy, Pumpkin Brittle, Pumpkin Fudge
- Carnation Café: Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich
- French Market: Haunted Mansion Holiday Wreath Cookie, Chocolate Cherry Cake
- Galactic Grill: Blood Orange Slush, Loaded BBQ Pork Fries, Chocolate & Red Velvet Parfait
- Gibson Girl: Halloween Candy Sundae
- Hungry Bear: Honey Cream Cold Brew, Pumpkin Cheesecake Funnel Cake, Loaded French Fries, Loaded Onion Rings, Loaded Bowl
- Hunny Spot at Pooh’s Corner: Jack Skellington Apple, Poison Skull Apple, Mummy Marshmallow Wand, Jack Skellington Cake Pop, Minnie Witch Crispy, Spider Web Crispy, Haunted Mansion Holiday Wreath Crispy, Pumpkin Brittle, Pumpkin Fudge
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Café: Toasted Salsa Roja Chicken Sandwich, Pumpkin Muffin, Dark & White Chocolate Mousse Brownie, Cookie & Cream Macaron, Bat Cookie, Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Market House: Bat Cookie
- Mint Julep Bar: Mickey-shaped Strawberry Chocolate Beignets
- Plaza Inn: Halloween Cake
- Rancho del Zocalo: Milk Mamey, Creamy Horchata
- Red Rose Taverne: Halloween Grey Stuff, Candy Apple Cold Brew
- Refreshment Corner: BBQ Bacon Dog
- River Belle Terrace: Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread, Chicken & Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Stage Door Café: Spicy Corn Dog, Chocolate-Hazelnut Funnel Cake with Halloween Sprinkles
Disneyland Halloween Treats to Make at Home:
- Disneyland’s Graveyard Cupcakes
- Mickey Mummy Macarons
- Disneyland’s Apple Pie Funnel Cake
- Mickey Pumpkin & Jack Skellington Cupcakes
Halloween Time at Disney California Adventure Park
Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission BREAKOUT is transformed into Monsters After Dark during Halloween Time! Guests get to experience Rocket as he tries to fight monsters while riding the attraction.
When visiting Cars Land, keep your eyes open to see cute cars dressed up for Halloween including Lightning McQueen!
Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-o-Ween
Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters is transformed into Luigi’s Honkin Haul-o-Ween where the cars will dance to spooky music.
Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree
Take a ride on the transformed Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree as Mater takes you on a spooky ride through his graveyard as he tells jokes and sings songs like including “Welcome to Radiator Screams,” “Monster Truck Smash”.
Halloween Time Snacks, Treats & Meals at Disney California Adventure Park
Here are some yummy Halloween treats and festive foods available at Disney California Adventure Park.
- Churros: Fruity Sugar Churro (Cozy Cone), Caramel Apple Churro (Grizzly Peak Churro Cart), Chocolate-Marshmallow Churro (Hollywood Churro), Chocolate & Matcha Churro (Willie’s Churros on Buena Vista Street)
- Award Weiners: Halloween Candy Funnel Cake Fries, Halloween Candy Funnel Cake Fries in Mickey Ear Hat Bowl
- Bing Bongs: Jack Skellington Apple, Poison Skull Apple, Mummy Marshmallow Wand, Minnie Witch Crispy, Oogie Boogie Crispy, Pumpkin Fudge
- Boudin Bakery/Boudin Bread Cart: Vampire Mickey-shaped Sourdough
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream: Cookies & Candy Sundae, Halloween Ice Cream Bar, Spiked Hard Apple Float
- Corn Dog Castle: Pepper-Jack Cheese Stick
- Cozy Cone Motel: Fruity Sugar Churro, Spicy Mac & Cheese Cone, Cozy Cone Macaron
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café: Oogie Boogie Macaron
- Flo’s V-8 Café: Spicy Chicken & Fries, Loaded Buffalo Chicken Fries, Loaded Gravy Fries, Loaded Chili Fries
- Hollywood Lounge: Fanta Spooky Spirit, Worms, Dice & Everything Nice, PBJ & W, Howl-o-Ween Concoction, My Bugs! My Bugs!, Orange Cream Fanta-sy, Various refreshing bottled Micheladas
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums: Shortbread Halloween Cookie
- Lamplight Lounge – Boardwalk Dining: Ghost Pepper Nachos, Specialty Cocktail
- Mortimer’s Market: Mickey Bat Sourdough Bread
- Pacific Wharf Café: Vampire Mickey-shaped Sourdough
- Plaza de la Familia: Pollo Verde Wet Burrito, Traditional Tamale Plate, Tacos with Estilo Callejero, Tortitas de Papa, Ensalada de Frutas, Kid’s Offerings – Cheese Quesadilla or Street-style Taco, Coco Cake, Mexican Hot Chocolate, Aqua de Jamaica Slush
- Schmoozie’s Smoothies: Mint-Chocolate Cookie Shake with whipped cream and chocolate cream-filled cookie ears, Chocolate Chip Shake topped with whipped cream and a chocolate cookie stick
- Smokejumpers Grill: Green Apple Lemonade, Jalapeño Bacon Cheeseburger
- Studio Catering Truck: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken with Fanta pineapple-infused fried rice and soy-ginger glaze, Ghost Pepper Potato Bites, The Backlot Carnitas Nachos, Plant-based Backlot Nachos
- Trolley Treats: Jack Skellington Apple, Poison Skull Apple, Mummy Marshmallow Wand, Jack Skellington Cake Pop, Minnie Witch Crispy, Oogie Boogie Crispy, Pumpkin Brittle, Pumpkin Fudge
Halloween Time in Both Parks
Below are some of the great Halloween experiences you can enjoy in both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure:
Spooky Disney Characters
Keep your eyes open because you will be able to see Mickey, Minnie and all of their friends in Halloween costumes walking around the theme parks. You might also see Jack Skellington, Sally, and villains like Cruella and Captian Hook.
Halloween Décor at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park
First things first, the décor in the park is unbelievable during Halloween Time. Main Street, U.S.A. Will be lined with Jack-O-Lanterns for the annual Pumpkin Festival.
Take time to see each pumpkin, while munching on your own pumpkin flavored churro.
Disneyland Halloween Time Photo Ops
You can also snap a picture in front of the giant Mickey pumpkin placed right in the middle of the street.
Next, head over to Frontierland where you can see Dia de Los Muertos skeleton display along with face painting and yummy Mexican-style treats.
Disneyland isn’t the only one getting a spooky makeover this year. Halloween Time is making its way over to California Adventure to keep the festivities going!
Once you are greeted by Oogie Boogie and the Headless Horseman statue when you enter the park, head over to Cars Land.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
If you are interested, take a night and head to Oogie Boogie Bash-A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure Park, formerly Mickey’s Halloween Party mickey’s halloween party.
This is a special event requires a separate ticket to California Adventure where you and your little ones can dress up and trick-or-treat with all of your favorite characters and is available on select nights (sold out for 2020). This is a great opportunity to experience certain attractions without long lines.
You can see the Frightfully Fun Parade as well as Villainous! Which is a World-of-Color spooktacular hosted by Oogie Boogie himself!
You also have the chance to see some Disney villains you don’t normally get to see in the park.
Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort is such a fun time to visit!
With the classic décor, new additions, favorite rides reimagined, plus scrumptious seasonal treats, you truly can’t go wrong with a trip to the Disneyland Resort.
It’s such a great way to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year, in a not-so-scary way.
Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit: Downtown Disney District
Search for a pumpkin patch in Downtown Disney District and win a prize. Pick up a game board and stickers at select locations and search for pumpkins from the game board. Return the game board to collect your prize.
How to book a Discounted Disneyland Halloween Time Vacation
You can give them a call at 855-GET-AWAY or book online at GetAwayToday.com.
Don’t forget to use promo code MommyMouse to get an additional $10 off your Disneyland vacation package!
Disneyland Halloween Bucket List Recap
- Take in all of the Halloween Décor at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park.
- Indulge in some Disneyland Halloween meals and treats. Some are only available this time of year!
- Pose for a picture with the giant Mickey Mouse Pumpkin on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Visit California Adventure to see Oogie Boogie and the Headless Horseman statue.
- Stop by Radiator Screams at Cars Land!
- Ride the four rides with a Halloween overlay: Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy, Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-o-ween, and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree!
- Attend Oogie Boogie Bash-A Disney Halloween Party!
- Get discount tickets and hotel stays from Get Away Today!