Not all Disneyland tickets are created equal. Are you wondering if you should you get a Park Hopper ticket or a 1-Park Per Day ticket? You’re in the right place! This article will go over each type of Disneyland tickets and give you the pros and cons so you can make the best choice for your family’s Disneyland vacation!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Park Hopper Tickets vs. 1-Park Per Day Tickets
When it comes to Disneyland tickets, not all of them are the same. The Park Hopper ticket allows you to visit multiple Disney Parks on the same day – so you can experience the best of both worlds if you choose this option!
On the other hand, a 1-Park per Day ticket will allow you access to only one park each day, but it does give you more flexibility in terms of how long and when exactly you’d like to spend your days at the parks.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to experience some time at Disneyland, then a 1-Park per Day might be right for you. However, if your goal is to get the most out of your time there and see as much as possible in a short amount of time then a Park Hopper ticket might be best.
With either ticket option, purchasing multi-day tickets will bring the cost down per day and save you money over 1-day tickets.
Kids ages 3-9 pay as little as $50 per day at the Disneyland Resort from January 8 – March 10, 2024. Check prices below and see more Disneyland Deals from Get Away Today! Combine this deal with a hotel stay and use code: Clubhouse10 to save even more!
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Before we get started talking about the differences between Disneyland ticket types, I want to let you know who I trust when it comes to getting the best prices for Disneyland tickets.
I recommend planning a Disneyland vacation with my friends at Get Away Today. They will help you navigate the different discount Disneyland ticket options available and can also help you with a package including hotel and tickets to save you even more money.
And you can enjoy an additional $10 in savings when you use code: Clubhouse10 on your 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package!
What are Disneyland 1-Park per Day Tickets?
When you purchase 1-Park per Day theme park tickets, you’ll enjoy admission to either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park each day. This means if you start the day in Disneyland Park, you will have admission only to Disneyland Park for the whole day.
I like 1-Park Per Day tickets because it gives you plenty of time to focus on the park you are in, helping you to experience all it has to offer!
You will need to make a theme park reservation for the park that you want to attend for the full day. Check out availability with Disneyland’s new reservation system here.
Pros for 1-Park Per Day Tickets
- Lower price: 1-Park Per Day tickets will always be cheaper than Park Hopper tickets
- More Relaxed Day: Although park hopping is easy at Disneyland because the parks are just a few steps from each other, sometimes it’s nice to focus on just one park at a time.
Cons for 1-Park Per Day Tickets
- Less Flexibility: With this ticket type, you can only enter one park and are not able to experience attractions in the other park.
- Limited Time: California Adventure Park generally closes earlier than Disneyland Park. If you don’t plan carefully, you can easily run out of time in the park because there is so much to do!
What are Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets?
Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets allow guests to “hop” between Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure Park in the same day after 11:00 am. With a Park Hopper ticket, you will need to make a park reservation for the park that you want to start at each day.
So, if you check ride wait times via the Disneyland app and see something with amazing availability in the other Park, or maybe you want a snack from the other park and you simply need to curb that craving, with a Park Hopper ticket you are able to head to the other park and also return to your original park with ease.
For those who have certain attractions that are must-dos, it can be helpful to have Park Hoppers for the most flexibility. Park Hopper tickets are also great to have when Disneyland has special events like Oogie Boogie Bash.
During these events one of the parks will close to the general public and can only be accessed if you have special tickets to the event. This is a great time to use your Park Hopper ticket to visit the other park.
Pros for Park Hopper Tickets
- More Flexibility: Park Hopper tickets give you the flexibility to move between the parks quickly and easily.
- Experience More: With a Park Hopper ticket, you can experience attractions in both parks on the same day.
Cons for Park Hopper Tickets
- Higher Price: Park Hopper tickets will always be more expensive than 1-Park Per Day tickets
- Less Relaxed Day: Park hopping between the two parks can be tiring and more crowded than spending a full day in one park.
Disneyland 1-Park Per Day Ticket Prices
- 1-Day 1-Park Per Day tickets are priced on a tier system and prices range from $104 – $244. (For 1-day tickets, you will need to know your specific dates.) View these tickets here.
- 2-Day 1-Park Per Day tickets: $283 (Ages 10+) $268 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 3-Day 1-Park Per Day tickets: $355 (Ages 10+) $335 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 4-Day 1-Park Per Day tickets: $390 (Ages 10+) $365 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 5-Day 1-Park Per Day tickets: $395 (Ages 10+) $370 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket Prices
- 1-Day Park Hopper tickets are priced on a tier system and prices range from $169 – $179. (For 1-day tickets, you will need to know your specific dates.) View these tickets here.
- 2-Day Park Hopper tickets: $343 (Ages 10+) $328 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 3-Day Park Hopper tickets: $415 (Ages 10+) $395 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 4-Day Park Hopper tickets: $450 (Ages 10+) $425 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 5-Day Park Hopper tickets: $455 (Ages 10+) $430 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
Tickets with Disney Genie+
With both 1-Park Per Day and Park Hopper Disneyland ticket options, you can choose to pre-purchase Disney Genie Plus which is an additional charge that can be added to your valid admission ticket.
Instead of waiting to purchase on select days in the Disneyland Resort, you can purchase Genie+ for each day of your vacation ahead of travel, which can save you money as a price increase of Genie+ plus is possible, depending on the day. It can also be incredibly convenient to already Genie+ loaded onto your Disney account that can be accessed from your mobile device before you enter the resort.
Genie+ allows you to reserve your spot in select queues on your phone (like a FastPass) from anywhere within the Resort so you can avoid long lines for select attractions.
The purchase of Genie+ also includes unlimited PhotoPass downloads. When you have a Disney PhotoPass photographer capture memories of your vacation, you can use PhotoPass to download unlimited Disney PhotoPass photos to your electronic device and share with every member of your travel party.
1-Park Per Day Tickets with Genie+ Prices
- 1-Day 1-Park Per Day w/Genie+ tickets are priced on a tier system. (For 1-day tickets, you will need to know your specific dates.) View these tickets here.
- 2-Day 1-Park Per Day w/Genie+ tickets: $333 (Ages 10+) $318 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 3-Day 1-Park Per Day w/Genie+ tickets: $430 (Ages 10+) $410 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 4-Day 1-Park Per Day w/Genie+ tickets: $490 (Ages 10+) $465 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 5-Day 1-Park Per Day w/Genie+ tickets: $515 (Ages 10+) $490 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
Park Hopper Tickets with Genie+ Prices
- 1-Day Park Hopper w/Genie+ tickets are priced on a tier system. (For 1-day tickets, you will need to know your specific dates.) View these tickets here.
- 2-Day Park Hopper w/Genie+ tickets: $393 (Ages 10+) $378 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 3-Day Park Hopper w/Genie+ tickets: $490 (Ages 10+) $470 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 4-Day Park Hopper w/Genie+ tickets: $550 (Ages 10+) $525 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
- 5-Day Park Hopper w/Genie+ tickets: $575 (Ages 10+) $550 (Ages 3-9) View these tickets here.
Is a Park Hopper ticket worth it at Disneyland?
Whether or not a Park Hopper ticket is worth the extra money is subjective and depends on what your goals for your visit are. For my family, it is generally not worth it and we opt to purchase 1-Park Per Day tickets. I usually purchase a 3-Day Disneyland 1-Park Per Day ticket and have plenty of time to experience both parks.
Park Hopper tickets are great for those who want the flexibility and ability to move between the two parks each day during their visit. If you plan on only spending a few hours in each park, Park Hopper tickets could make sense.
Ultimately, it is up to you and your family to decide if a Park Hopper ticket is the right option for your Disneyland vacation. When making a decision, consider your budget, the number of days you plan to spend in the Resort, and what activities are most important for your family.
Book with Get Away Today and Save
No matter which Disneyland ticket type you choose, you always save when you book with Get Away Today.
Immediately after purchasing your tickets, you will want to make park reservations. These are still required to enter either park. Check here for reservation availability.
Remember, when you combine theme park tickets with Get Away Today hotels deals, you can apply my exclusive promo code, Clubhouse10 for an additional $10 in savings on top of other discounts such as Extra Night Free specials, complimentary breakfast and free parking.
Find vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com or by calling 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know The Mommy Mouse Clubhouse sent you!
Frequently Asked Questions about Park Hopper Tickets
Yes, you will need to make a park reservation for each day of your ticket. This includes Park Hopper tickets.
Yes, you can upgrade from a 1-Park Per Day ticket to a Park Hopper ticket once you are at Disneyland. Visit a ticket booth in the esplanade between the Disneyland Resort theme parks near the main entrance and Cast Members will be able to assist you.
Yes, Park Hopper tickets are more expensive than 1-Park Per Day tickets. The difference in cost will depend on the length of your ticket and the age range of each guest.
If all of your family members would like to hop between the Disney theme parks, then yes, you will need to purchase the Park Hopper option for each person in our party ages 3 and up. Keep in mind that a child ticket will cost less than an adult ticket.
No, there is no age limit for purchasing a Park Hopper ticket. All ages that require tickets (ages 3+) can purchase and use the Park Hopper option.
No, you do not need to make separate reservations for each park when using a Park Hopper ticket. You will choose the first park you would like to visit and make a reservation for that park. Then you will be able to hop to the other park after 11:00 am.
Park Hopper tickets are great for those who want the flexibility to move between both parks each day during their visit to Disneyland Resort. Whether or not this type of ticket is worth it for you and your family will depend on your budget, the number of days you plan to spend in the Resort, and what activities are most important for your family.
No matter which type of ticket you choose, we know you’ll have an amazing time at the Disneyland Resort! Have fun!
Make sure you’re following @MommyMouseClubhouse on Instagram so you can stay up to date on Disneyland ticket discounts and special offers!