Tips and Tricks to help you decide if a Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket is right for you.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Should I Park Hop or not? That is the question I ask myself each time I purchase our Disneyland Tickets.
The answer to this question depends on a lot of factors that can change from trip to trip.
What is a Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket?
A Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket is a ticket that gives you the ability to visit both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in the same day.
You can “hop” back and forth between parks as many times as you want. You do not need to pay a separate entrance fee to visit each park in the same day.
For example, you can begin the day at Disneyland, head over to Disney California Adventure for lunch and back to Disneyland for the evening. It is a really great way to see both parks.
Reasons to Purchase a Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket
With the Park Hopper option added to your Disneyland ticket, you get TWO parks to visit in one day.
That means double the attractions, double the shows, double the parades, double the characters, and double the dining options! So many choices, so little time. Right?
Another benefit to purchasing a Park Hopper ticket is the flexibility that it gives you.
If your family happens to be done with one park in less than a day, you can head over to the other park to spend the rest of your time.
Tips to Maximize a Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket
Here are a few things you can do to maximize your Disneyland Park Hopper ticket.
- The Disneyland Resort is really convenient for park hopping. The two park entrances are directly across from each other. You can literally walk from one park to the other in 2-3 minutes. It makes it really easy to “hop” back and forth. Use this convenience to your advantage and go between both parks.
- Use the new Disney MaxPass to reserve a FASTPASS on the Disneyland app. For an extra $20/day per ticket, you can have the ability to book a FASTPASS for a Disney California Adventure attraction while you are at Disneyland and vice versa.
- Purchase a 3-day or more Disneyland Park Hopper ticket from Get Away Today for less than the gate price. You will receive one Magic Morning that gives you access to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland at Disneyland, one hour before the park opens to the public on select days.
- Purchasing the Park Hopper options gives you the ability to start out your Magic Morning day at Disneyland and head over to Disney California Adventure later in the day. Disney California Adventure almost always closes an hour or two before Disneyland so the Park Hopper ticket allows you to go back to Disneyland when DCA closes.
I hope these tips will help you decide if a Park Hopper ticket is right for your family. The number one reason that I purchase it for my family is because of the FLEXIBILITY that it offers.
Disneyland Ticket Savings
There aren’t a lot of Disneyland ticket discounts out there, but they can be found if you know where to look.
Make sure that if you buy Disney tickets from a third party, that they an authorized ticket seller.
Get Away Today is almost always offering some kind of special on tickets and/or hotel vacation packages.
Use the promo code: MommyMouse to get an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package. (Hotel and 2 ticket minimum purchase to qualify for the discount.)
Looking for Cute Disney Apparel?
I’ve had really good luck lately finding adorable and affordable Disney vacation t-shirts on the boutique deal website Jane.com!
There have been quite a few options for men, women, and children for $13.99! I’ve even seen cute little Princess dresses for little girls.
Just head to Jane and scroll through all of the deals, but be aware that their deals change daily.
Make sure to check back often or follow me on Instagram to keep up on all of the amazing Disney-themed merchandise!
- Disneyland 2020 Crowd Calendar
- How to go to Disneyland on a Budget
- Park Hopper Tickets Pros & Cons
- All About Disney MaxPass
- 10 Items You NEED in your Disneyland Backpack
- 37 Insider Disneyland Tips
- Disneyland Tips for Moms
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Guide
- Amazon Hack that will Save You Money at Disneyland
- Where to Get Breakfast at Disneyland
- 5 Best Things to Eat at Disneyland
- 5 Places to Eat Outside Disneyland