Bring a taste of Disney into your kitchen with this Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow at Disney’s Magic Kingdom!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
- 1 Bag Frozen Pre-Cooked Chicken Tenders (I used Tyson Southern Style)
- Or 1 Recipe Oven Baked Chicken Tenders found here
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- 1 Bag Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 Cup Cole Slaw Dressing, your favorite brand
- 2 Cups Pancake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup Malted Milk Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Heat the frozen chicken tenders according to package directions or prepare 1 recipe of Oven Fried Chicken Tenders.
- Sweet and Spicy Sauce: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring the butter, sriracha, orange juice, and maple syrup to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Combine the water and corn starch to make a slurry. Slowly add to the simmering sauce.
- Coat the chicken tenders with sweet and spicy sauce.
How to Prepare the Cole Slaw
- Place the cole slaw mix into a large bowl and add the dressing.
- Stir to coat.
How to Make Sleepy Hollow Waffles
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, corn starch, malted milk powder, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook the waffles in a preheated waffle iron sprayed with cooking spray.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich Assembly
- Place one or two chicken tenders in the center of a waffle.
- Top the chicken with cole slaw.
- Fold the waffle and eat as a sandwich.
More Disney Recipes:
- Short-Cut Mickey Beignets
- Disney Churro Bites
- Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese
- Easy Mickey Beignets
- Disneyland’s Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Disney Park Snacks Recipes
- Mickey-Shaped Treats
How to Save Money on Disney World Tickets & Hotels
When booking your next Disney World vacation, make sure to check out Get Away Today! Their customer service is THE BEST!
They are an authorized Disney partner that offers DISCOUNT DISNEY WORLD TICKETS and they often offer deals like discounts on rooms, free dining, and more when you book a vacation package!
Get a free customized quote here or give them a call at 855-GET-AWAY for current deals at Walt Disney World and tell them the Mommy Mouse Clubhouse sent you!