Sharing is caring!
There’s no better way to share your love for Disney than by making and eating Disneyland themed treats. You can’t go wrong with a Mickey Mouse shaped churro sugar cookie spiced with cinnamon and brown sugar and swirled with frosting and sprinkles! Here’s how to make these simple cookies so magical.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
So you love Disneyland, but you can’t afford to fly there every time you want a churro? Well, the solution is simple! Just make some Mickey Churro Sugar Cookies just like Disneyland and enjoy them at home!
Follow this recipe for the perfect Disney inspired treat that your kids will love!
No trip to Disneyland is complete without grabbing on of their famous churros! They’re a simple treat, made up by taking a long piece of fried dough and rolling it in sugar and cinnamon. (Get the recipe to make your own Disneyland churros here).
There are churro carts located all around Disneyland and churros that come in a variety of flavors and toppings. It’s no wonder that the deliciousness of classic churro cinnamon and sugar flavor has made its way into other treats like Churro Toffee, Churro Funnel Cakes and these Churro Sugar Cookies!
Where to Get Churro Sugar Cookies at Disneyland
If you’d like to try these Churro Sugar Cookies at Disneyland, they can be found at Candy Palace on Main Street U.S.A.! You can even buy a few of them and save them for a treat on the way home from Disneyland!
By the way, Candy Palace is a great place to pick up a variety of treats like Classic Mickey Sugar Cookies, Fudge, Rice Krispie Treats, and Churro Toffee!
Ingredients Needed for Churro Sugar Cookies
Unsalted Butter- For this recipe, I prefer to use unsalted butter. You will also want to make sure that the butter is softened to room temperature. Butter will also be used when making the cinnamon/sugar frosting.
Sugar- This is a classic ingredient for sugar cookies.
Brown Sugar- Brown Sugar is an important part of this recipe for one special reason. It gives the cookies a subtle molasses flavor that replicates the delicious churro cinnamon taste! Brown sugar will also be used to enhance the flavor in the churro frosting for these cookies.
Vanilla- You will also need pure vanilla extract to complete this recipe. The vanilla adds both aroma and flavor to the sugar cookies, so make sure you use good quality vanilla. I get mine from Costco.
Large Eggs- You will also need large eggs in this recipe. They should be at room temperature, so let them sit out for around 30 minutes before using in your recipe.
All-Purpose Flour- This is another simple all purpose flour used to make sugar cookies.
Cinnamon- There’s nothing more classic than cinnamon, so it is a key ingredient in these Churro Sugar Cookies!
Baking Powder- Baking powder will be the main leavening agent in this recipe. It will help your sugar cookies rise and have that nice thick cookie texture you want!
Sparkling Sugar- This is an optional ingredient, but is used on the Churro Sugar Cookies that are sold at Disneyland. They can be found at most grocery stores, or here on Amazon.
Salt- Salt is used in many recipes to enhance the flavor of other ingredients, so it’s important that you add a pinch to this recipe!
Churro Frosting Ingredients
- Powdered Sugar- Powdered sugar is the main ingredient when making the churro cinnamon/sugar frosting for these cookies.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
More Sugar Cookie Recipes:
- Classic Sugar Cookies
- Cookie Butter Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies
- Eggnog Sugar Cookies
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Stand Mixer
- Rolling Pin
- Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
- Piping Bags
Churro Sugar Cookie Instructions
 Place the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
 Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
 Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of the stand mixer with the butter and sugar mixture. Beat until combined and cookie dough forms. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
 Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is about 1/4-1/8 inch thick and use a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the dough.
Churro Frosting Instructions
 If necessary, add 1 tablespoon of milk or heavy cream until the desired consistency is reached.
How to Store Churro Sugar Cookies
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Churro sugar cookies are best served at room temperature, but they can also be kept in the refrigerator.
These Mickey Churro Sugar Cookies are a delightful treat for Disneyland fans. The recipe is easy to follow so you’ll have no excuse not to share these Disney-inspired treats with your family.
If you’re looking for more ideas on how to create magical recipes that will put a smile on everyone’s face, don’t forget about more Disney-inspired recipes here!
More Disney Recipes
- Avengers Choc-Smash Candy Bar Brownies
- Homemade Disneyland Churros
- Disney Churro Bites
- Easy Mickey Beignets
- Mickey Pretzels
- Mickey Mummy Macarons
How to Get Discount Disneyland Tickets
If you want to check out these cookies at Disneyland, I recommend booking your trip through my travel partner Get Away Today. I have been purchasing my tickets and booking our Disneyland vacation packages through them for over 20 years! Read my latest trip review here.
Check out Get Away Today‘s Disneyland ticket and package prices here, and use the coupon code: MommyMouse to save and extra $10 on a 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package that includes hotel and tickets!
Watch the video here:
Churro Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- Sparkling Sugar, optional
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
Churro Sugar Cookies
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of the stand mixer with the butter and sugar mixture. Beat until combined and cookie dough forms. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is about 1/4-1/8 inch thick and use a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut shapes out of the dough.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Place the butter and brown sugar to a stand mixer or food processor. Blend together. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix together.
- If necessary, add 1 tablespoon of milk or heavy cream until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the frosting to a disposable piping bag or ziplock bag, then add a swirl to both Mickey ears and the head. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar sprinkles, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Sharing is caring!