Want to bring a little Disney magic home? Make this super easy, Mickey Pretzel Recipe today! Use refregerated pizza dough and enjoy these treats in minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Below you will find tips, tricks and helpful hints for making this recipe including step by step instructions with pictures. If you would like to go directly to the recipe, scroll down to the recipe card.
One of the many reasons I love to go to Disney Parks is to eat.
Disney has some of the most amazing snacks, and one of my favorites is a Mickey Pretzel! I just think it’s more fun to eat items that are shaped like Mickey.
At the parks, Mickey Pretzels can cost up to $7! That’s just crazy! But, I’ll still buy one when I’m there because it’s part of the experience.
At our house, we love Disney so much that we try to find ways to bring some Disney magic home. And this Mickey Pretzel Recipe definitely does the trick!
If you love Disney treats much as I do, you might also want to check out my recipe for Homemade Disney Churros, Mickey Beignets, and Disney World Cronuts!
Making homemade pretzels can take a long time, especially when a craving comes on quickly. I usually don’t want to wait the 1-2 hours it would take to make dough, let it rise, boil, and bake.
That’s why I love this recipe. All you need is a can of refrigerated pizza dough plus a few ingredients that are probably already in your pantry!
- 1 Can Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Baking Soda
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Flour, for work surface
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make This Easy Mickey Pretzel Recipe
- Begin by sprinkling your work surface with flour.
- Open your can of refrigerated pizza dough. I’ve used both name brand and store brand and they both turned out great!
- Unroll the dough over the flour. and use a pizza wheel to cut strips of dough, length-wise.
- To create 4 or 5 large Mickey Pretzels, use one long strip of dough for the head; and one strip of dough, cut in half, for the ears.
- For 8-10 smaller Mickey Pretzels, cut one long strip in half. Use one half of the long strip for the head. Cut the other half of the long strip in half and use each piece as an ear.
- For both large and small pretzels, begin by rolling up the larger strip of dough, either between your two hands to make a snake shape or on your counter top, so that the strip of dough is round, not flat.
- Shape the strip into a circle and pinch the ends together. Repeat with the smaller pieces to create ears. Pinch the ears to the head.
- Whisk together the water and baking soda and use a pastry brush to brush the tops of the pretzels with the baking soda solution. Be careful not to over saturate.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and use a pastry brush to spread the beaten egg over the top of the pretzels. Sprinkle the pretzels with salt.
- Bake the pretzels at 450 degrees for 6-8 minutes, depending on your oven. Make sure you keep and eye on them and remove when they are golden-brown. Six minutes was perfect for my pretzels.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! We used Salsa con Queso!
Disney Vacation Savings
Find out about the Layaway Plan HERE!
If you would like to save money on your next trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World, my friends at Get Away Today will be able to help you plan an awesome vacation!
My family has been booking our Disney vacations through with them since I was in junior high.
Their customer service is amazing and ticket prices are usually a few dollars cheaper than Disney gate prices.
Get Away Today is almost always running some kind of special on Disneyland tickets and hotel rooms.
And you can book without worry when you use their Peace of Mind Plan and Layaway Plan!
Get Discount Disneyland Tickets HERE!
If you book a 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package including hotel and tickets, you can use the promo code MommyMouse at checkout to save an extra $10 in addition to sales and discounts.
Walt Disney World
If a trip to Disney World is in your future, they can also help you plan an amazing vacation to “The Most Magical Place on Earth!”
Get Discount Disney World Tickets Here
Their customer service is THE BEST and they offer deals like: discounts on rooms, free dining and more!
Visit getawaytoday.com to get a FREE Disney World vacation quote or give them a call at 855-GET-AWAY for current deals!
Virtual Disneyland Staycation – The Pineapple Crowd
Thursday 30th of April 2020
[…] Mickey Pretzels […]
Saturday 4th of April 2020
This was a great recipe! My 5yo and her bff loved making them and my husband loved eating them.