A super easy recipe for Disney World Cronuts that will knock your socks off! Layers of delicious puff pastry dough, fried to perfection and covered in cinnamon and sugar! Just like Epcot!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
If you can’t tell by my blog and my Instagram feed, I am a HUGE Disney fan! The food at Walt Disney World is one of the major reasons that I love to visit.
When my family heads to Orlando, we almost always purchase the Disney Dining Plan and we take full advantage of it!
Disney snacks are included with each of the dining plans and one of my all-time favorites is a Cronut from Epcot!
What is a Cronut?
My mouth is watering just thinking about the delicious crunchy but soft, sweet treat.
If you are wondering what a cronut is, according to Wikipedia it’s “a pastry that resembles a doughnut and is made from croissant-like dough which is filled with flavored cream”.
Disney World Cronuts
The cronuts available from Refreshment Port at Epcot are not filled with flavored cream, but they can be ordered al-a-mode, or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (I definitely recommend this).
After tasting this delicious treat, I knew I wanted to make them to enjoy at home. So off to YouTube I went.
It turns out, making cronuts is kind of complicated and takes a very L-O-N-G time. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have time for that!
Enter the “cheater cronut”. This cronut recipe has all of the delicious texture and flavor of a traditional cronut, without all of the work.
These are great to make on a Saturday or Sunday morning for breakfast or as a delicious dessert at the end of the day. You could really eat them just about any time, I won’t judge.
Ingredients for Disney World Cronuts
- Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (2 Sheets)
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 8 Cups Oil, Canola or Vegetable for frying
- Flour for Dusting
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Disney World Cronuts Recipe
- The first thing you will want to do is thaw out your puff pastry sheets by letting them sit at room temperature for about 40 minutes.
- Once they have thawed, remove them from the wrapper. Unfold the puff pastry sheets so that they make a large rectangle.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and use a pastry brush to spread the egg over the puff pastry.
- Fold the dough in thirds (like a letter) and place the sheets back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the sheets from the freezer and use a donut cutter to cut donut shapes in the pastry sheet.
- I ended up with six full donuts. I didn’t want all of that delicious dough to go to waste, so I cut the scraps into smaller pieces to make cronut holes!
- While you are cutting out your cronuts, heat your vegetable or canola oil on the stove or in a deep fryer until the temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Prepare the coating by mixing the cinnamon and sugar together and placing it in a shallow dish, like a pie pan.
How to Fry Disney World Cronuts
- Fry the cronuts for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. You’ll want to fry two cronuts at a time so that the temperature of the oil doesn’t drop too much.
- Use silicone tongs to remove the cronuts and place them in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Coat the cronut entirely and place it on a cooling rack to cool, if you don’t eat it first!
If you want to get the full Disney World Cronuts experience, top them with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream while they are warm. Absolute heaven!
If you like these, you might also like Homemade Disney Churros and Mickey Beignets! Yum. Check out all of my Disney Recipes HERE.
How to Save Money on Disney World Tickets & Hotels
When booking your next Disney World vacation, make sure to check out Get Away Today! Their customer service is THE BEST!
They are an authorized Disney partner that offers DISCOUNT DISNEY WORLD TICKETS and they often offer deals like discounts on rooms, free dining, and more when you book a vacation package!
Visit getawaytoday.com or give them a call at 855-GET-AWAY for current deals at Walt Disney World and tell them the Mommy Mouse Clubhouse sent you!