This salted honey popcorn recipe is a delightful treat that perfectly balances sweetness and saltiness! This easy-to-make snack is sure to satisfy your cravings. With fresh popcorn kernels, a honey butter syrup, and a touch of sea salt, you’ll have a delectable combination of flavors that will keep you coming back for more. It’s the ultimate blend of sweet and salty, creating a mouthwatering experience with every bite. So why wait? Whip up a batch of salted honey popcorn and indulge in this irresistible snack today!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Why You’ll Love This Honey Butter Popcorn
First and foremost, popcorn is a satisfying snack that can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere. From movie night to game day, this quick and easy recipe is perfect for all occasions. It’s also incredibly versatile – you can add your favorite spices or nuts for an extra crunch and flavor.
What sets this recipe apart is the addition of honey, which adds a natural sweetness that pairs perfectly with the salt. Honey is often a better alternative to sugar. Plus, the combination of honey and butter creates a rich and decadent syrup that coats every popcorn kernel perfectly. If you’re a popcorn lover, you might want to try this Blackstone Caramel Popcorn or Coconut Nutella Popcorn as well!
How to Pop Fresh Popcorn
- On the Stove: Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels and cover with lid. Shake the pot occasionally until you hear the popping slow down, then remove from heat.
- Microwave: Place 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a plate or an inverted microwaveable plate and cook for 2-3 minutes, until popping slows down.
- Paper Sack: Put 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a paper sack, fold down the top a few times, and microwave for 2-3 minutes until popping slows down.
- Air Popcorn Popper: Follow the instructions of your specific air popper to make perfect popcorn every time.
- Microwave Popcorn Popper: I invested in one of these from Amazon and have loved it! I use it almost every day. Just measure and add the kernels to the popper and pop it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Honey Popcorn Ingredients
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Popcorn: Use freshly popped popcorn for best results. You can use any method listed above, but I personally prefer to pop my own in a microwave popcorn popper.
Honey: Make sure to use a high-quality honey for maximum flavor. I recommend using raw or organic honey if possible.
Butter: Salted butter adds additional flavor and richness to the popcorn. If you only have unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the recipe.
Course Salt: The coarse texture and larger crystals of sea salt or kosher salt gives the popcorn an extra burst of flavor with each bite. You can also use regular table salt if that’s all you have on hand. You can find coarse salt on the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
How to Make Salted Honey Popcorn
[Step 1] Mix honey and butter in a small saucepan and heat over low to medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
[Step 2] Drizzle the honey mixture over the popcorn in a large bowl and stir to coat.
[Step 3] Pour the covered popcorn onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with a little course salt and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove at the 5 minute mark and stir, then return to the oven.
[Step 5] Allow the popcorn to cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Store Leftover Honey Popcorn
For best results, store salted honey popcorn in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can even wrap it is small bags for gifts! Honey popcorn is best enjoyed fresh, but will still taste great for a day or two.
Honey Popcorn Recipe Variations
- Add nuts like almonds or peanuts to the popcorn mixture for additional crunch and protein.
- Experiment with different types of honey, such as clover or wildflower, for unique flavors.
- For a savory twist, add some spices like chili powder or garlic powder to the honey butter syrup before drizzling over the popcorn.
- Make it a party and add some colorful sprinkles or chocolate chips for a fun and sweet treat.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the honey syrup to make cinnamon honey popcorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use pre-made microwave popcorn for this recipe, but the results might not be as great as with fresh popcorn. Just omit the salt since most microwave popcorn already has salt added.
Yes, as long as you use gluten-free popcorn kernels and ingredients, this recipe is gluten-free.
Yes, you can substitute vegetable or coconut oil for the oil used to pop the popcorn. Just make sure it has a high smoke point.
Salted honey popcorn is a delicious snack that’s perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up this tasty homemade popcorn recipe treat in no time.
Plus, it’s highly customizable and can be made gluten-free or with added flavors to suit your taste preferences. So why not try out this easy popcorn recipe today? Your taste buds will thank you!
More Snack Recipes
- Homestyle Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Churro Cereal Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Bars
- Original Muddy Buddies