Find out how to make your own delicious Red Robin Onion Ring Sauce at home with just 2 ingredients! Just like the Campfire Sauce that is served with a tower of onion rings at the restaurant. Also makes a great fry sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Fry sauce is kind of a big deal at my house. We are definitely all about dipping sauces for almost everything!
Apparently a recipe for it (equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup) appeared in a New Orlean’s cookbook in 1900, but became popular when served in a Salt Lake City restaurant called Arctic Circle in the 1950s.
When visiting a Red Robin location near Disneyland, we happened to order the Towering Onion Rings.
The sauce that was served along side our appetizer looked and tasted a lot like the fry sauce we knew, but better!
I decided to take a chance and ask our server what was in the sauce. I was surprised that it was just two ingredients. Two!
Onion Ring Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing (prepared)
- Add both ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Use a whisk to combine them completely.
- Pour the sauce into individual serving dishes.
- Serve with your favorite onion rings, fries, or on a burger!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Other Sauces to Try:
- Chick-fil-a Sauce
- Buffalo Wild Wings Garlic Parmasean Wing Sauce
- Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Ranch
- Lion House Whipped Honey Butter
- Restaurant Style Salsa