Thick and creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes are packed with flavor and are great for any occasion, especially when you are feeding a crowd! They are great because they can be made a day before you need them, giving you less stress when it’s time to cook.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
- 4 Pounds Potatoes, diced
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, chopped
- Clean and dice potatoes, leaving skin on.
- Place in a
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Drain water and transfer potatoes to a bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and white pepper to the potatoes.
- Use a potato masher to smash the potatoes and mix in the other ingredients.
- Transfer the potatoes to a 2.5 a Quart baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle paprika and drizzle butter over the top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh chives.
More Recipes to Try: