Eggnog flavored sugar cookies that can be rolled and cut into your favorite shapes for Christmas! Top them with Eggnog icing and sprinkles and they will make a great addition to any holiday gathering or cookie exchange.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Eggnog
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 4-6 Tablespoons Eggnog
How to Make Frosted Eggnog Sugar Cookies
- Add the softened butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, vanilla, and eggnog.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and nutmeg to the mixture, mixing in between each ingredient.
- Next, add in the flour and mix until cookie dough is formed.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- On a floured work surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the eggnog cookie dough until it is about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to form shapes.
- Transfer the unbaked cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet and place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for one minute, after removing them from the oven. Then transfer to a cooling rack.
How to Make Eggnog Sugar Cookie Icing
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and nutmeg.
- Use a silicone spatula to mix in the eggnog, starting with 3 tablespoons and adding more as needed, until combined.
- The icing should have the consistency of thick corn syrup.
- Dip each cookie in the icing, one at a time and allow excess to run off.
- Place the cookie right side up and add your favorite sprinkles on top.
- Allow the frosting to harden for at least one hour, then store the cookies in an airtight container.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Classic Sugar Cookies (Best Sugar Cookies Ever)
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Melt Away Christmas Cookies
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies