A copycat recipe of The Cheesecake Factory’s Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake.
Decadent chocolate cookie crumb crust, classic cheesecake swirled with chocolate and caramel cheesecake. Topped with caramel sauce, pecans and whipped ganache.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
My husband’s birthday was last week. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted to celebrate and found out something that I never knew about him. My husband doesn’t like cake. I’ve been making him a birthday cake for 14 years and he doesn’t like cake. Mind blown.
After his cake confession, he told me that he wanted me to make him a cheesecake for his birthday. One of my all time favorite foods happens to be cheesecake, so of course I had no objections.
I grew up eating delicious cheesecake that my grandmother would make for our family. Her cheesecakes were always perfect. They never cracked on top, they were tall, creamy and delicious. (Get her recipe HERE)
My husband suggested making a Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake just like the one from The Cheesecake Factory. Challenge accepted.
I took my grandmother’s perfect cheesecake recipe and adapted it to become this heavenly Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake. You will be amazed at how creamy and dreamy this cheesecake is.
Making a cheesecake can be a little intimidating if you’re not familiar with all of the items needed to make it perfect.
But, it is really not very difficult and the result is totally worth it! If you slow down and do one step at a time, you’ll be a cheesecake pro in no time!
There are some tools that will definitely help you make your cheesecake perfect. You will definitely need a 10-inch Spring Form Pan for baking the cheesecake, a Roasting Pan for the water bath and foil to wrap around the spring form pan.
Cheesecake Factory Copycat Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake
I wanted my Caramel Pecan Cheesecake to look like the one from The Cheesecake Factory, so I divided the cheesecake batter and added some chocolate and caramel. I then swirled it in to create the marbled effect.
The cheesecake has a chocolate cookie crust and is topped with caramel ice cream topping, chopped pecans and chocolate ganache.
I also whipped some chocolate ganache to create the chocolate swirl on top, which isn’t necessary, but gave the cheesecake the Cheesecake Factory look I was going for.
Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake Ingredients
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 (8 ounce) Blocks of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 Cup Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips, melted
- Chopped Pecans
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- Chocolate Chips Melted
Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
How to Make Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbs by placing the cookies in a food processor or blender.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press onto the bottom and part way up the sides of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool at room temperature.
- Prepare the pan by laying out three large rectangles of foil. Place the spring form pan on top and fold the first piece around the pan. Repeat this with the other two pieces of foil so that the bottom and sides of the pan are completely covered.
- Beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for about 4 minutes until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla and mix.
- Then add the eggs, one at a time, and beat for about 1 minute after each.
- Mix in the sour cream, followed by the heavy cream. Make sure you scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get the cream cheese that the paddle attachment missed.
How to Swirl the Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the spring form pan.
- Divide the remaining 1/3 of batter in half and place in two bowls.
- Mix the melted chocolate chips in with the batter in one bowl and the caramel sauce with the batter in the other bowl.
- Drop the chocolate and caramel cheesecake batter by alternating spoonfuls into the pan.
- Swirl them in with a knife to create the marbled look.
How to Bake the Cheesecake
- Place the foil wrapped pan into a large roasting pan.
- Fill the pan with enough hot water to go half way up the spring form pan.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake at 325 degrees for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, leave the cheesecake in the oven, but prop open the door about one inch.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for about an hour. Cooling the cheesecake this way, helps prevent cracking.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cover loosely with foil.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but ideally over night.
How to Make Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat at 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted.
- Refrigerate the ganache until it is firm.
- Place the ganache in the bowl of a stand mixer and use the whisk attachment to whip it until it is fluffy.
- Place the ganache in a piping bag with a large star tip.
How to Top the Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake
- Use the piping bag filled with the whipped ganache to pipe 12 swirls around the outside edge of the cheesecake, one for each slice.
- Drizzle the caramel ice cream topping and melted chocolate chips over the top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and serve!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
I know that you are going to love this Totally Amazing Caramel Pecan Cheesecake as much as I do.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe so that you can make it whenever your cheesecake craving strikes!
If you want to make it a full Cheesecake Factory meal, check out my recipe for Cheesecake Factory’s Louisiana Chicken Pasta!
More Recipes to Try:
- Disney Recipes
- Caramel Pecan Silk Pie
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Cookie Butter No-Bake Cheesecake
- Classic New York Cheesecake