Amazing Melt in Your Mouth Sweet Cream Pancakes is the best pancake recipe around and will be the only pancake recipe you’ll ever need!
Sweet and dreamy!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
I love pancakes and I think they are probably the BEST breakfast food ever created.
I still love a good omelette with a side of crispy bacon, but eating a pancake for breakfast is like going to a party at your breakfast table.
The great thing about pancakes is that you can dress them up however you want, topped with fruit, drizzled with chocolate syrup or salted caramel ganache, sweet cream cheese syrup, caramel syrup, or with classic maple syrup.
How I found out about Sweet Cream Pancakes
Recently, my family and I ate dinner at Black Bear Diner that happened to server breakfast all day.
I looked at their breakfast menu and found sweet cream pancakes, so of course that’s what I ordered!
Let me tell you, they were amazing! The pancakes were so sweet and dreamy, they probably didn’t even need syrup. You know I still used syrup though, right?
The poor, sad members of my family who didn’t order the pancakes were desperately asking for bite after bite of my delicious meal.
I knew that I needed to recreated this deliciousness at home for breakfast the next morning.
I ended up adapting my buttermilk pancake recipe by replacing the buttermilk with heavy whipping cream.
I also added a little more sugar to make the pancakes a little sweeter. BAM! We had a winner!
Pancake Recipes You Will Love:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes & Cream Cheese Icing
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
Helpful Kitchen Items
How to Make Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Begin by combining all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, and heavy cream.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- THE BATTER WILL BE THICK because you are using heavy cream. If it is too thick for your liking, thin the batter with a little milk.
- Heat your griddle to medium high heat (about 300 to 325 degrees) and spray the surface with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until little battle begin to appear.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Because the batter is thick and uses heavy cream, expect the pancakes to take a little longer than standard pancakes to cook on each side.
Optional Toppings for Pancakes
These pancakes will take a few extra minutes to cook, but boy is it worth it!
I feel like pancakes are kind of like the blank canvas of breakfast foods!
You can add different toppings to create totally different experiences. Below you will find recipes for some of my favorite pancake toppings!
This is by far my favorite way to enjoy this pancake recipe.
For this version, all you will need is butter and maple syrup!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
For this decadent version, you will need:
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
Make the peanut butter syrup by heating the maple syrup on the stover over medium heat. Add the peanut butter and stir until mixed. Drizzle over pancakes and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
A peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream!
Birthday Cake Pancakes
Birthday Cake Sweet Cream Pancakes are the favorite of my kids!
To make this version, you will need
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Whipped Cream
- Maple Syrup
To make Birthday Cake pancakes, add sprinkles to the pancake batter. Top them with whipped cream, maple syrup, and more sprinkles!
This version could definitely double as a dessert recipe!
Sweet Cream Pancakes with a cheesecake topping, chopped strawberries, and graham cracker crumbs!
The recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes can be found here, but trust me, they will change your life!
Make sure to pin this recipe so you will always be able to make these unbelievable pancakes whenever you crave them!
What is your favorite pancake topping? Tell me in the comments down below!
More Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Perfect French Toast
- Crispy Waffles
- Funnel Cake Waffles
- Butter Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Sweet Cream Waffles
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls