The perfect french toast recipe that is easy to make and cooks perfectly every time. Crisp and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back that helps me run my blog at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
I’m noticing a trend with my recipes lately. They are heavy on the breakfast. I love breakfast because it is usually one of the easiest and yummiest meals to make.
Its also great because you can have breakfast for dinner! We do that a lot at my house which is why its important to me to have a variety of things to choose from.
I also tend to create a lot of breakfast recipes because my husband makes breakfast at the fire station and is always asking me to come up with new and classic things he can make.
That’s where this french toast recipe comes in. It is pretty much the best french toast EVER! This recipe has never failed me and I make it all the time!
The flour in the batter helps to make the outside a little crispy while the inside is soft and yummy, but not soggy.
This is our go-to recipe because I know my kids will eat it up! It also tastes like the delicious french toast you get at many restaurants like IHOP or Denny’s.
Perfect French Toast
How to Freeze French Toast
When I make this recipe, I usually do a really large batch. I freeze the slices on a baking sheet and then put in a zip top bag when frozen. That way my kids can pop on in the microwave in the morning for a quick breakfast!
- Vanilla Extract
- Texas Toast
How to Make Perfect French Toast
- First, make the batter by adding the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk together. I like to add these ingredients to my blender to mix.
- Next, pour the batter in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium high heat, around 350 degrees.
- Add a slice of Texas Toast to the pie plate and allow it to soak for 10-15 seconds on each side.
- Place the bread slices on the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown.
- Remove the french toast from the griddle and serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Make sure you Pin the recipe for Amazingly Perfect French Toast here so you’ll have it when you need it! Also check out Sweet Cream Pancakes and Sweet Cream Waffles!