Make ahead waffles that are crispy, made with yeast, and taste just like a funnel cake. All of the goodness with less guilt!
Funnel cakes are one of my favorite treats to get when we go to Disneyland.
There is something about the delicious, fried goodness, topped with a variety of toppings, that makes our visit that much better.
If you are craving a funnel cake at home, you can make a classic funnel cake, like this copycat Disneyland Funnel Cake recipe, or you can make these delicious waffles.
These funnel cake Belgian waffles are crispy on the outside, are made with yeast, and taste just like a funnel cake without the guilt of eating something fried in oil.
They are the perfect waffles to make for your family on a lazy weekend morning.
Another perk, is that you make them ahead of time, generally the night before you plan to serve them, so there is less work to do in the morning!
Waffle Topping Ideas:
- Strawberry or Raspberry Preserves
- Cheesecake Topping
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Raspberry Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Ganache
- Sweet Cream Cheese Syrup
- Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
Helpful Kitchen Tools:
- Warm Water
- White Sugar
- Active Dry Yeast
- All-Purpose Flour
- Butter, melted
- Teaspoon Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup warm water, 1 teaspoon sugar, and yeast. Set the mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- In a very large mixing bowl (larger than you think) mix together the flour, melted butter, water, and yeast mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Plug in your waffle iron and allow to heat up.
- Remove the batter from the refrigerator and stir in 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and baking soda.
- Add 1/4 cup – 1/2 appropriate amount of batter (1/2 cup for mine) Bake until golden brown (up to 10 minutes)
I hope you love these waffles as much as we do! If you make them, tag @mommymouseclubhouse on Instagram so I can see your creation!
More Waffle Recipes to Try:
Watch the video here: