Want to save money on food on your next Disneyland vacation? This article will show you how to use services like Walmart Grocery Delivery, Instacart, and Amazon Prime Now to get what you need delivered right to your hotel near Disneyland!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Grocery delivery has revolutionized the way I vacation! When you are on a Disneyland trip, it can be difficult to find healthy snacks that your family will eat and enjoy.
Now, instead of wasting time trying to find a grocery store near Disneyland or pack snacks for my family to enjoy at the parks, all it takes is one click and everything will be there at our resort.
I love how easy this service makes traveling with kids. It’s easy to open an app on my phone and quickly order breakfast items, snacks, and treats that I know my kids will eat–and for a whole lot less money than what I would spend on treats at Disneyland!
Read my Disneyland Area Hotel Reviews Here
To celebrate Disney100, you can get an EXTRA DAY FREE when you purchase tickets from Get Away Today. Combine this deal with a hotel stay and use code: Clubhouse10 to save even more!
Why Order Grocery Delivery at Disneyland?
With all of the amazing restaurants, snacks, and treats available at Disney Parks, why in the world would you want to order groceries as well?
The best thing about ordering groceries to your Disneyland area hotel is saving money. I have picky eaters and teenagers, so having groceries delivered to our resort is a lifesaver!
Ordering groceries gives me peace of mind knowing that I’ll have snacks available at any time throughout the day – especially if one or two kids get tired halfway through our Disneyland day (which does happen).
Plus having familiar food in my backpack “just-in case” moments. like waiting in a long line, makes everyone happier: myself included!!
It’s also nice not to have to worry about having to quickly find food nearby if someone in your family becomes “hangry”.
Kid-friendly breakfasts are one way to save money on food when at Disneyland. I love choosing things like yogurt, fruit, pastries and instant oatmeal that we can grab in the room before we head out for the day!
When I visit Disneyland, one thing that always seems to be at a minimum is healthy food. When you’re at the parks all day, It’s easy to go too far in terms of over-indulging on sugar from all the amazing treats they have available!
I try ordering some fresh fruit so we don’t end up getting completely reliant upon sugary items as our sole source nutritional intake during the vacation – even though it may seem tempting sometimes 😉
My family loves to eat at the parks, but we often find ourselves feeling full after only one or two meals. To avoid this problem, I pack a small lunch for everyone and have breakfast in our room before heading out for the day.
Keep reading for a list of snacks and food items that I recommend having delivered.
Besides food, you can also order other items too! I usually get sunscreen, diapers, wipes, and some toiletries delivered so we don’t carry heavy weight in our luggage and can avoid luggage fees at the airport.
Do You Have to be Present for Deliveries?
I have always been present when I’ve had groceries delivered at my hotel to avoid issues and mix-ups, but I know that many hotels and will accept grocery deliveries for you and hold them at the bell desk. Some will even keep your items refrigerated.
Before relying on this though, I would call your hotel and double check with the front desk or bell desk, just to be sure.
How Do You Order Groceries at Disneyland
So, now that you know some of the benefits to ordering grocery delivery at Disney, let’s look at how to do it and where to order from!
Grocery Delivery Services near Disneyland
Here is a list of grocery delivery services that will deliver to hotels near the Disneyland Resort.
Walmart Grocery Delivery
Ordering grocery delivery from Walmart, couldn’t be easier! This service is actually what I use at home, so it is most familiar to me.
In fact, besides ordering groceries in Anaheim, I have also used Walmart’s delivery service when visiting Disney World, Great Wolf Lodge in Arizona, and Great Wolf Lodge in Texas.
I like using Walmart Grocery Delivery because the items offered are consistent across the country, and prices seem to be pretty consistent to what I pay at home.
How Much Does Walmart Delivery Cost?
Grocery deliveries are free to your Disney resort from Walmart, if you are a member of their Walmart+ program and your order is at least $35.
The price for this service is $12.95 per month or $98 a year. But, you can sign up for a free 15-day trial and have your order delivered for free.
Just remember to cancel your membership if you are not planning to use it, so you are not charged.
Tips for delivery drivers are not included. You will be able to select the tip amount at checkout.
How to Order Grocery Delivery from Walmart at Disneyland
- Download the Walmart app or visit www.grocery.walmart.com.
- Enter the address of your hotel and select a delivery time. Same-day delivery is often available.
- Add your items to your cart and then check out.
- If you forgot to add any items, you have until a few hours before your scheduled delivery to make changes to your order. The app will let you know what time the deadline is, when you place your order.
- When it is time for delivery, you will get a text or a notification from the Walmart app letting you know about any substitutions or out of stock items.
- You will also receive a text/notification letting you know what time to expect your delivery. I usually leave a note to let the driver know where to meet.
Amazon Prime Now
Another method to order groceries to be delivered to you at Disney World is to use Amazon Prime Now.
Amazon Prime Now is a service available for Amazon Prime members that allows you to shop for groceries through select local and national retailers on their app and have them delivered to you the same day. Get a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime here.
You can choose to have your order delivered in two hours, one hour, or less than one hour.
How Much Does Amazon Prime Now Cost?
Grocery delivery through Amazon Prime Now is only available for Amazon Prime members. An Amazon Prime membership will cost you $12.99 per month or $119 per year.
If you are an Amazon Prime member, grocery delivery will be free if you choose to have your order delivered in two hours and have at least $35 worth of groceries in your cart.
If you select to have your groceries delivered in an hour or less, or have not met the $35 threshold, you will be charged a $4.99 delivery fee. Tips are also a separate charge and can be determined at checkout.
How to Order Grocery Delivery from Amazon Prime Now
- The first thing you will want to do is to download the Amazon Prime Now app or Amazon app and enter your hotel’s zip code.
- You can choose to order through Whole Foods (Prime Now) or Amazon Fresh. Amazon Fresh tends to have a longer delivery time, but has more grocery options. Amazon Prime now can have your order delivered in 1-2 hours, but is limited in food and pantry items compare to Amazon Fresh.
- Fill your cart with the items you would like to eat on your Disney vacation. You can search these items by category, or you can search for them specifically.
- Once you have finished adding your items, it is time to check out. At check out, you can choose your delivery time and also decide if you want to allow substitutions for items that may not be available or are out of stock.
- Once you have placed your order, you can track it to stay up to date on your grocery delivery arrival.
Instacart is another service that you can use to have groceries delivered to your Disney World hotel. Instacart allows you to choose from a variety of stores and will connect you with a personal shopper who will pick up your groceries.
Free Delivery on Your First Order of +$35 with Instacart!
In Anaheim, the stores available through Instacart are Sprouts Farmers Market, Target, Walmart, Ralphs, Aldi, Costco, Stater Bros. Markets, Food 4 Less, Vons, Walgreens, CVS Pharmacy, Albertsons, 7-Eleven, Dollar Tree, The 99 Store, Sam’s Club, Smart & Final, Northgate Market, El Super, RiteAid Pharmacy, Total Wine & More, BevMo!, Mother’s Market, Petco, 99 Ranch Market, HMart, Pavillions, Super King, Superior Grocers, Family Dollar, Mitsuwa Marketplace, Harvest Fresh Market, The Vitamin Shoppe, and more! Check the Instacart app for current stores available.
How Much Does Instacart Cost?
Instacart charges $3.99 for same-day delivery if your order reaches a $35 threshold. If you select one-hour delivery, delivery from a club stores like Costco and BJ’s, or if you order is less than $35, the fee will vary.
Another thing to note is that there will also be a service fee or 5% charged (with a minimum of $2.00) and you will also need to tip your delivery driver.
You can sign up for a 2-week free trial of Instacart Express which will give you free deliveries over $35 and reduced service fees. If you choose to keep this service, you will be charged $99 per year after the trial.
How to Order Groceries from Instacart
- Go to www.instacart.com or download the Instacart app.
- Enter the zip code for your hotel and then select the store you want to order your groceries from.
- Add your desired items to your cart.
- Head to check out and add your resort’s address and adjust the tip amount if desired.
- After completing your order, you will receive updates about your order and will also be made aware of any out of stock items or substitutions.
Pavilions is a part of a grocery store chain in the Anaheim area that also includes Albertsons and Vons. Grocery delivery from these stores is available for hotels in the Disneyland area.
To place an order, got to www.Pavilions.com and sign up for a free 30-day trial of their Fresh Pass. Add items to your cart and choose a delivery time. It’s that easy!
Ralph’s grocery story is part of Kroger and does offer delivery to hotels near the Disneyland Resort. To order, head here to add items to your cart. Ralphs will charge a fee of $9.95 – $11.95 depending on location.
Drug Stores Near Disneyland
If you don’t need a full order of groceries for your Disneyland vacation, there are a few convenience stores within walking Distance of Disneyland.
- CVS 1803 S Harbor Blvd
- Walgreens 1802 S Harbor Blvd
Convenience Stores & Gas Stations Near Disneyland
- Food Mart 601 Ball Rd
- The Cove on Harbor Market & Cafe 1540 S Harbor Blvd
- Alpha Gift Mart 1650 S Harbor Blvd
- A Mart 1761 S Harbor Blvd
- 7-Eleven 611 W Katella Ave
Grocery Stores Within Driving Distance of Disneyland
- Walmart Neighborhood Market (1.6 miles from Disneyland) 1120 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
- Amazon Fresh (4 miles from Disneyland) 1100 S Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92832
- Sprouts Farmers Market (3.7 miles from Disneyland) 1447 S Harbor Blvd #D, Fullerton, CA 92832
- Walmart Supercenter (2.9 miles from Disneyland) 440 N Euclid St. Anaheim, CA 92801
- Vons (2.4 miles from Disneyland) 130 W Lincoln AVE, Anaheim, CA 92805
- Food 4 Less (1.8 miles from Disneyland)1616 W Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Walmart Neighborhood Market (2 miles from Disneyland) 10912 Katella Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92804
- Target (1.6 miles from Disneyland) 12100 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA 92840
- Vons (1.8 miles from Disneyland) 12961 W Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840
Grocery Ideas for Disneyland
Ordering groceries for you Disney vacation will greatly vary depending on your family’s likes/dislikes, ages of your children, length of stay, and more.
Below, I will give you some ideas of what we have bought in the past:
- Smucker’s Uncrustables
- Individual Bags of Chips
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Orange Juice
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Fresh Fruit
- Bottled Water
- String Cheese
- Water Flavoring Packets
- Capri Sun Drinks
- Sun Screen
- Plastic Cutlery
- Ziplock Bags
- Fruit Snacks
- Nutrigrain Bars
- Hard Candies
- Breath Mints
Disneyland is a great place to visit, but it can be expensive. One way to save money on food is to order groceries and have them delivered to your hotel.
In this article, I have listed a few of the best grocery stores that offer delivery for Disneyland area hotels. I have also included a list of what you might want to order from each store. Have a great vacation and happy eating!
If you have any questions, comment down below or send me a message on social media! You can find me on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube!
Disneyland Ticket Savings
There aren’t a lot of Disneyland ticket discounts out there, but they can be found if you know where to look.
Get Discount Disneyland Tickets Here
Make sure that if you buy Disney tickets from a third party, that they an authorized ticket seller.
I buy my tickets from Get Away Today. Their ticket prices are always a few dollars cheaper than Disneyland’s gate prices and you can now purchase tickets from them that include Disney MaxPass!
Get Away Today is almost always offering some kind of special on tickets and/or hotel vacation packages.
Use the promo code: Clubhouse10 to get an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package. (Hotel and 2 ticket minimum purchase to qualify for the discount.)