Sharing is caring!
Want to know how to make super soft peanut butter cookies? This peanut butter cookie recipe right here, makes the most soft, delicious, moist, peanut buttery cookies you will ever make! Using extra brown sugar, honey roasted peanut butter, and slightly shorter cooking time, these cookies are the best peanut butter cookies ever!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Peanut butter may just be one of the greatest food inventions of all time. I love eating it by the spoonful, right out of the jar! But, peanut butter cookies have always been a little lacking to me, until now.
I have had peanut butter cookies in the past that were dry and crunchy, not exactly appealing. But with this recipe, I have finally found a peanut butter cookie that is soft and moist.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies Soft and Moist
There are some tricks you can use to get soft and moist peanut butter cookies, and this recipe uses almost all of them. That’s why they are so amazing!
- Using more brown sugar than white sugar will result in softer, more moist cookies because of the amount of molasses.
- If you slightly under-bake the cookies, they will be softer as well.
- You can add a little bit of cornstarch to the dough to make softer cookies. That is what I did with these S’mores Cookies.
- Another method is to add an extra egg yolk, which is the method I used with my Copycat Disneyland Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Best Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies
All-Purpose Flour- I like to use all-purpose flour in this recipe because I always have it on hand, which means I can have soft peanut butter cookies whenever I want!
Honey Roasted Peanut Butter– This is by far the most ingredient for the best tasting peanut butter cookies! Once I tasted this amazing invention, I was sold and have never looked back.
Salted Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter. I like to used salted butter because it enhances the flavor of the cookies.
Pure Vanilla Extract– There is nothing like using pure vanilla extract when baking. And the good news is, it seems like the price is finally starting to come back down. I usually get the best deals for vanilla at Costco, but you can get it at your local grocery store or here on Amazon.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Mixing Bowl- You will be using a mixing in this recipe to combine the dry ingredients.
Stand Mixer- I have owned both a Kitchenaid Mixer and a Bosch Mixer. Both are great! I happened to find my Bosch mixer at my local Costco and have not once regretted that purchase.
Instructions to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
Step 2: Unwrap the sticks of butter and add them to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat for 1 or 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Step 3: Add the brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar into the bowl with the butter. Mix for another minute. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
Step 5: Add the egg and vanilla extract to the dough and mix together.
Step 6: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together and fully combined.
Step 7: Use a 2 inch cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls.
Step 8: Roll the balls of cookie dough in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and coat completely.
Step 9: Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Step 10: Use a fork to stamp a criss cross shape on each cookie.
Step 11: Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Classic Sugar Cookies (Best Sugar Cookies Ever)
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Melt Away Christmas Cookies
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Watch the video here:
- 2 Cups plus 3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 Cup Creamy Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- Add the butter to bowl of a stand mixer and beat for 1 or 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the brown and 1/2 cup white sugar into the bowl with the butter. Mix for another minute. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Scoop the peanut butter into stand mixer and mix until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the dough and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together and fully combined.
- Use a 2 inch cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls.
- Roll the balls of cookie dough in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and coat completely.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork to stamp a criss cross shape on each cookie.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Sharing is caring!