Get ready to whip up a taste of Disney magic with this oh-so-delicious Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake recipe straight from 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios! Picture this: creamy vanilla ice cream swirling with rich, creamy peanut butter and sweet strawberry jam. It’s like sipping on a classic PB&J sandwich, but in the form of a dreamy, indulgent milkshake! So grab your blender and get ready to blend up a nostalgic treat that’ll transport you straight to the golden age of diners and drive-ins. It’s the perfect blend of sweet, creamy, and utterly irresistible – just like something straight out of a Disney fairy tale!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Save up to 35% at select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels when you stay 5 nights or longer or save up to 30% on shorter stays for travel most nights from March 25 – October 3, 2024.
Check prices & book here: www.GetAwayToday.com (use coupon code:Clubhouse10 or call 855-Get-Away and tell them Mommy Mouse Clubhouse sent you!
Why You’ll Love This Milkshake
Imagine taking a sip of nostalgia blended perfectly with the enchantment only Disney can provide. That’s exactly what you get with the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake, a unique concoction that combines sweet vanilla ice cream, creamy peanut butter, and a touch of either strawberry or grape jelly.
This delightful treat makes it a must-try for anyone craving a taste of childhood joy infused with Disney magic. Not only does it bring back memories of simpler times, but it is also exceedingly popular among visitors at the 50’s Prime Time Cafe.
There’s something about this milkshake that resonates deeply with Disney fans and food lovers alike. Its distinctive blend of flavors captures the essence of the magical experiences we’ve all come to associate with Disney and its raved-about culinary delights.
50’s Prime Time Cafe at Disney World
The moment you walk through the doors, you’re greeted by a retro theme that’s as charming as it is nostalgic. Here, the atmosphere isn’t just about the décor—it’s about bringing the past to life, complete with era-specific manners that the servers lovingly enforce.
“Get your elbows off the table!” they might say, adding to the fun and immersive dining experience. It’s this dedication to theme that makes eating at the 50’s Prime Time Cafe something you have to experience during your Disney vacation.
As you sit among vintage kitchenware and family-style dinette sets, you’re not just having a meal; you’re taking a delightful trip down memory lane, where every bite and every interaction adds to the magic. The food served here are classic diner selections including chicken noodle soup, pot roast, meatloaf, and fried chicken.
We have loved making our favorite treats at home lately (Churro Bites, Easy Mickey Beignets, Woody’s Grilled Cheese, etc.) and this milk shake is no exception. You can customize it by adding more or less peanut butter, or by using grape jelly instead of strawberry. Your choice!
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Milk: Provides the liquid base for the milkshake, contributing to its creamy texture and helping to blend the other ingredients smoothly.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Adds richness, creaminess, and sweetness to the milkshake, serving as the primary flavor base.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Infuses the milkshake with a nutty, savory flavor, complementing the sweetness of the ice cream and jelly. It also adds a velvety texture.
- Strawberry or Grape Jelly: Brings the classic flavors of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich into the milkshake, offering a fruity sweetness and a hint of tartness.
- Whipped Cream: Tops off the milkshake with an airy, indulgent layer of sweetness, enhancing the overall presentation and adding a light texture.
- Maraschino Cherries: Serve as a traditional garnish, providing a pop of color and a sweet, tangy flavor contrast to the creamy milkshake.
[Step 1] In a powerful blender, add the milk, ice cream, peanut butter, and jelly.
[Step 2] Blend the ingredients together until completely combined.
[Step 4] Top the peanut butter & jelly milk shake with whipped cream and a cherry if desired!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Dairy-Free Option: Substitute dairy-free milk (such as almond milk or oat milk) and dairy-free ice cream to make a vegan or lactose-free version.
- Nut-Free Option: Use a nut-free spread or alternative, such as sunflower seed butter, in place of peanut butter for those with nut allergies.
- Flavor Variations: Experiment with different flavors of ice cream or jelly to create unique variations, such as chocolate ice cream with raspberry jelly or banana ice cream with honey.
- Toppings: Feel free to customize the toppings with additional ingredients like chocolate syrup, sprinkles, or chopped nuts for added flavor and texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, I know you might have a whirlwind of questions swirling around about crafting this enchanting Disney’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake right in your cosy kitchen. Let’s dive into some of those burning queries, shall we?
- Can I adjust the peanut butter and jelly quantities? Absolutely! The beauty of this recipe lies in its flexibility. If you’re all about that rich, nutty flavor, go ahead and add a smidgen more peanut butter. Or, if you’re Team Sweetness, feel free to be generous with the jelly. Whether it’s Disney World’s charm you’re after or the nostalgic vibes of the prime time café, it’s all about crafting the perfect blend that makes your taste buds dance.
- What if I prefer a thicker (or thinner) milkshake? To thicken your milkshake, add more ice cream for that creamy, dreamy texture. If you’re aiming for a lighter consistency, a splash of milk will do the trick. Remember, Walt Disney himself encouraged imagination, so don’t shy away from experimenting to get your milkshake just right.
- Are there dairy-free options? Of course! Swap in your favorite plant-based milk and vegan ice cream to create a dairy-free delight that’s just as magical. Disney Parks are all about inclusivity, and this milkshake recipe is no exception.
- Any Disney-themed presentation tips? Oh, where do I start? Serve your milkshake in a souvenir Disney Parks cup if you have one. A dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of colorful sprinkles, and a cherry on top can add that extra pizzazz. And don’t forget a fun straw! Perhaps, one that you picked up from the Disney cruise line or a prime time café souvenir. It’s those little touches that bring the enchanting world of Disney right to your dining table or home studio.
As I sit here, reflecting on the magic stirred up in my very own kitchen, it’s impossible not to feel a sprinkle of Disney enchantment right at home. Making Disney’s PB&J Milkshake has been more than just blending ingredients; it’s about conjuring a piece of the beloved Walt Disney World, right here, amidst the familiarity of our daily lives. The 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios is renowned for transporting its guests back to a nostalgic era, and now, with the creamy swirls of peanut butter and the sweet touch of jelly in this milkshake, you’re getting a sip of that timeless joy.
It’s a reminder that magic isn’t confined to the walls of Disney parks or the decks of a Disney Cruise Line; it thrives wherever we allow it to. Whether you’re reminiscing about a past trip or dreaming up a future visit to the Disney Resort, let this milkshake serve as a delicious prelude or a fond flashback. I urge you, dear reader, to whisk away your loved ones on this flavorful journey, to recreate and relive those cherished Disney memories.
And who knows? Experimenting with this recipe from the Prime Time Café might just be the beginning of a delightful tradition, making every sip a promise of the adventures that await at Walt Disney World. So, go ahead, treat yourself and your family to this delectable piece of Disney magic. After all, every day is a splendid day for making memories, especially with a spoonful of peanut butter and a dash of jelly.
More Disney Recipes:
- Short-Cut Mickey Beignets
- Disney Churro Bites
- Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese
- Easy Mickey Beignets
- Disneyland’s Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Disney Park Snacks Recipes
- Mickey-Shaped Treats
Watch the video here: