Looking to add a touch of luck and deliciousness to your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations? Look no further than Lucky Charms Krispie treats! These delightful cereal treats combine the classic marshmallowy goodness of Rice Krispies treats with the colorful and iconic Lucky Charms cereal. The result? A magically delicious treat that will have everyone reaching for seconds.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Why You’ll Love These Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
Not only are these Lucky Charms Krispie treats a fun and festive addition to any St. Patrick’s Day spread, but they’re also incredibly easy to make and require minimal ingredients. Plus, who doesn’t love indulging in a childhood favorite breakfast cereal in a whole new way?
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. I used my favorite Rice Krispie Treats recipe and replaced the Rice Krispies cereal with Lucky Charms. These are so buttery and sweet, they might be one of the best Rice Krispie, I mean Leprechaun Treats I’ve ever eaten!
Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Butter: Adds flavor and binds the cereal together. I like to use salted butter to balance out the sweetness, but unsalted butter will work as well.
Mini Marshmallows: The classic ingredient in Rice Krispie treats, but mini marshmallows are preferred as they melt easier and distribute more evenly.
Lucky Charms Cereal: Our star ingredient! The colorful marshmallow shapes add a fun and festive touch to the treats. Lucky Charms can be found on the breakfast aisle at your local grocery store.
Vanilla Extract: A small amount of vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor of the treats.
How To Make Lucky Charms Krispie Treats
[Step 1] Heat the butter and marshmallows (reserve 1 cup of marshmallows for later) in a large skillet over medium heat until both ingredients have melted. Remove the melted marshmallows from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
[Step 2] Add the Lucky Charms cereal to the marshmallow mixture and gently stir with a large spoon until the cereal is coated, being careful not to over mix.
[Step 3] Add the extra marshmallows and gently fold into the cereal mixture.
[Step 5} Allow the treats to cool completely, then cut them into squares and serve!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Mix in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the Lucky Charms in a large mixing bowl and stir to coat the cereal.
- Add the Lucky Charms mixture to a 9×13 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray in an even layer.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
How to Store Homemade Lucky Charms Treats
These Leprechaun Rice Krispie Treats are best served the same day, but may be covered and served a day or two after. You can also individually wrap each Leprechaun Treat square and place them into the freezer.
Helpful Tips & Tricks for Lucky Charm Treats
- To prevent these easy treats from sticking to your hands while pressing them into the pan, spray your hands with nonstick spray before handling the mixture.
- If you want even more Lucky Charms goodness, remove the colorful marshmallows from the remaining cereal and sprinkle on top of the treats before they set.
- For a fun twist, try adding a few drops of green food coloring to the marshmallow mixture for an extra festive touch.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of cereal or mix-ins for a truly unique treat.
- For a fun twist, melt a bag of white chocolate chips and drizzle the melted white chocolate over the cooled treats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, but keep in mind that they may take longer to melt and may not distribute as evenly.
Absolutely! Just be sure to store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you plan on freezing them, double wrap each treat individually and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes, this recipe is very versatile and can be adapted with your favorite cereal. Just make sure to adjust the amount of marshmallows accordingly.
Final Thoughts on Lucky Charms Bars
Lucky Charms Krispie treats are an easy recipe and a fun way to add some luck and sweetness to your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. With just a few simple ingredients like gooey marshmallows, and minimal prep time, you can create a magically delicious treat that will delight both kids and adults alike. So go ahead and grab a box of Lucky Charms cereal and get ready to enjoy this playful twist on a classic recipe!
If you’re looking for another sweet treat to help celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, try these Thin Mint Truffle Brownies, Shamrock Shake Cookies, Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies, or Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats!
More Cereal Treat Recipes
- Homestyle Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Churro Cereal Treats
- Original Muddy Buddies
- Sweet Chex Mix
- Bunny Tail Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Bars