A Softy and chewy vanilla cookie filled with creamy mint filling! The whoopie pie version of the classic McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. A fun St. Patrick’s Day treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
It’s that time of year for everything green! At McDonald’s, that means you can get the famous Shamrock Shake! Creamy, minty ice cream, topped with fluffy whipped cream! So good!
I’ve been in the mood for whoopie pies and thought that making a Shamrock Shake version for St. Patrick’s Day would be so fun! So the experimenting began.
The first version I made, were a complete disaster. The cookies were too soft and too flat. They definitely would not hold up to the filling. So I made a few tweaks, and the result was so yummy!
The filling is a delicious blend of buttercream frosting and marshmallow cream with a hint of mint. Just like a Shamrock Shake!
The best part of this recipe is how easy they are to make! Another easy treat for St. Patrick’s Day are Leprechaun Treats! Give them a try!
Ingredients for Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies
- 1 Cake Mix (White or Funfetti)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Green Food Coloring
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 8 Ounces Marshmallow Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mint Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cake mix, softened butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add enough green food coloring to achieve your desired color.
- Use a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop to place the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the filling, beat the butter and marshmallow cream together.
- Add the vanilla and mint extracts.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Beat in the milk until smooth.
- To assemble the whoopie pies, put the filling in a piping bag or ziplock bag and cut off the tip.
- Pipe the frosting on one side of the Whoopie Pie. Place the other side on top. Enjoy your delicious Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies!
Check out more recipes here and make sure to follow me on Instagram for more recipes and Disney tips!
More Cookie Recipes:
- Classic Sugar Cookies (Best Sugar Cookies Ever)
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Melt Away Christmas Cookies
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies