These cheeseburger bao buns are an easy snack that look and taste just like the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods available at Disney Animal Kingdom’s Satu’li Canteen! They quickly come together using pre-made biscuit dough with a delicious cheeseburger filling and are steamed quickly in your Instant Pot.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Below you will find tips, tricks and helpful hints for making this recipe including step by step instructions with pictures. If you would like to go directly to the recipe, scroll down to the recipe card or use the “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of the page.
The Disney Parks have some of my all-time favorite things to eat. In fact, their delicious snacks and treats are one of the many reasons I go to Disney so much!
Last time we made the trip to Orlando to visit Walt Disney World, my friend recommended that I try the Cheeseburger Steamed Pods from Satu’li Canteen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Cheeseburger Pods from Disney’s Animal Kingdom
So that’s exactly what I did. Satu’li Canteen is located at Animal Kingdom inside Pandora-The World of Avatar.
When you exit the ride, you will end up right at the entrance to the restaurant.
There are a lot of delicious items on the menu, but the Cheeseburger Pods definitely stood out to me. The menu describes them as:
Steamed Cheeseburger Pod stuffed with Ground Beef, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle, and Cheddar Cheese served with Crunchy Vegetable Slaw and Vegetable Chips
The cheeseburger pods definitely lived up to the hype and making this homemade version couldn’t be easier!
Copycat Disney Cheeseburger Pods
These make-at-home cheeseburger pods are a lot smaller than the bao buns you can purchase at Disney World, but they are just as delicious!
I used my Instant Pot to quickly steam the dough, but you can definitely steam them on the stovetop if you prefer.
Cheeseburger Pods Ingredients
*Ingredient amounts are located in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Refrigerated Biscuit Dough
- Ground Beef
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Dill Pickle Relish
- Yellow Mustard
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
How to Make Copycat Cheeseburger Steamed Pods (Bao Buns)
- Begin by browning the ground beef in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When thoroughly cooked, add the ketchup, mustard, relish, brown sugar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper and mix together.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese to the beef mixture and stir until the cheese is fully melted. Set aside.
- Remove the biscuit dough from the cans and use a rolling pin to flatten each circle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the cheeseburger mixture to the center of each dough circle.
- Carefully fold the dough up over the meat and pinch the top. (Watch the video below to see how to do this). Don’t worry about making them look pretty, just make sure the top is completely closed.
- Add parchment paper to the bottom of a steamer basket insert for an Instant Pot and place the pods inside.
- Fill the bottom of your Instant Pot with 1 cup of water and place the steamer basket inside.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is set to seal.
- Push the Pressure Cook button and the buns for 4 minutes.
- Allow the steam to release naturally for 10 minutes, then open the valve and remove the lid.
- Serve your Disney Cheeseburger Pods with your favorite side dish!
Tips for Making Cheeseburger Pods at Home
- Use standard refrigerated biscuits, not flaky or Grands.
- Make sure to put parchment paper under the pods in the steamer basket or the dough will stick to the basket.
- These homemade pods are smaller than the pods at Disney World.
Other Disney Recipes to Check Out:
- Disneyland’s Cheesy Enchilada Soup
- Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Epcot’s Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Disney’s Churro Bites
- Easy Mickey Beignets
How to Save Money on Disney World Tickets & Hotels
When booking your next Disney World vacation, make sure to check out Get Away Today! Their customer service is THE BEST!
They are an authorized Disney partner that offers DISCOUNT DISNEY WORLD TICKETS and they often offer deals like discounts on rooms, free dining, and more when you book a vacation package!
Get a free customized quote here or give them a call at 855-GET-AWAY for current deals at Walt Disney World and tell them the Mommy Mouse Clubhouse sent you!
Watch the video here: