If you’re wondering about things to do in Southern California, read these tips and tricks for visiting Knott’s Berry Farm with kids!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Park tickets and accommodations were provided complimentary to my family. All opinions are my own.
If you haven’t taken your kids to Knott’s Berry Farm lately, what are you waiting for?
We spent the day there not too long ago and my boys LOVED every minute of it!
The great thing about this amusement park is that there really is something for everyone.
From the mind-blowing thrill rides, the fun-themed Camp Snoopy, to the delicious food you can try, I highly recommend making Knott’s Berry Farm one of your family’s destinations on your next Southern California adventure!
Make sure to watch our Knott’s Berry Farm video below!
About Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm began as a roadside berry stand and Chicken Dinner Restaurant in the 1920s.
Over the years, it has become a 160-acre theme park with breath-taking roller coasters and fun rides for kids, although you can still enjoy a delicious chicken dinner at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
Read my review of Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel HERE
Knott’s Berry Farm with Kids
After visiting Knott’s Berry Farm with kids, we have come up with a bucket list of things that kids must do.
Our first stop was Camp Snoopy. We actually ended up spending the majority of they day here. Some of our favorites were:
- Camp Bus – This is definitely the most fun school bus I’ve ever seen! Kids and parents can jump on the bus and have a thrilling ride high up in the sky. There is a height requirement of 42 inches unless the child is accompanied by an adult.
- Grand Sierra Railroad – This old-fashioned train ride will take you through Camp Snoopy where you will see scenes with the Peanuts gang as well as some of the thrilling roller coasters.
- Linus Launcher – My boys loved this ride and rode it three times in a row! It basically simulates flying in a hang glider and has a height restriction of 42″.
- Rocky Mountain Trucking Company – Little ones can climb into the front of a tiny 18-wheeler and drive around a track. If the child is accompanied by an adult, there is no height requirement.
- Timberline Twister – A small children’s roller coaster with a minimum height requirement of 36″.
There are many more rides for kids in Camp Snoopy that you can check out here.
Old West Ghost Town
Another fun spot for kids at Knott’s Berry Farm is Old West Ghost Town. This area of the park transports guests back in time to an 1880s boom town complete with cowboys & can-can dancers!
Here are some fun things for kids in Old West Ghost Town:
- Butterfield Stagecoach – You and your kids will be able to take a ride on one of six authentic stage coaches used in the 1800s. My boys loved waiting in line and watching the horses get a drink in between rides!
- Calico Railroad – Take a ride in an authentic Denver and Rio Grande Narrow Gauge train complete with train robbers! Your kids will love it! (I did warn my kids that the cowboys were actors, just to be safe.)
- Timber Mountain Log Ride – This attraction has been one of my favorites at Knott’s Berry Farm since I was a kid. You and your kids hop into a hollowed out log and take a wet 330 foot long ride with an awesome drop at the end! Your child must be 36 inches to ride with an adult or 46 inches to ride alone.
Fiesta Village is located right next to Camp Snoopy and pays tribute to California’s Hispanic roots. Here are some of the fun things for kids to do in Fiesta Village:
- Hat Dance – Take a spin in your own colorful sombrero! The height requirement for this attraction is 36 inches if accompanied by an adult and 42 inches if riding alone.
- Merry-Go-Round – Your kids will love this classic amusement park ride with 48 hand-carved animals. It’s a great place to get some shade! Kids under 46 inches will need to be accompanied by an adult.
The Boardwalk is a really fun place at Knott’s Berry Farm for kids! There are tons of roller coasters for older kids and fun things for little ones as well.
- Surfside Gliders – This is a flying aces type of ride where you ride in a plane and get a birds eye view of the park! Little ones must be 36 inches and accompanied by an adult to ride.
Get Discount Knott’s Berry Farm Tickets HERE
- Wheeler Dealer Bumper Cars – Another ride at Knott’s Berry Farm that my boys rode over and over! A classic bumper cars ride that will have you and your kids laughing. The minimum height for a child to ride is 42 inches with an adult or 48 inches alone.
Where to Eat at Knott’s Berry Farm with Kids
My boys are pretty picky eaters an know what they like and what they don’t.
Luckily, Knott’s Berry Farm has a lot of choices for families. Here are some things I recommend:
- Fireman’s BBQ – We had Knott’s Berry Farm dining plan for this location and were able to get one entree, one side, and one drink. We tried the ribs and the large hot dogs, roasted corn on the cob, and the Boysenberry Punch!
- Funnel Cakes – The funnel cakes at Knott’s Berry Farm are legendary! But trust me, you’ll want to order it “loaded” with boysenberry and soft serve ice cream. Pick one up at Log Ride Funnel Cake or Sutter Funnel Cakes.
- Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant – This restaurant is a staple and a must-do when you visit Knott’s Berry Farm. I highly recommend getting the complete chicken dinner which includes: handmade biscuits, a side salad, cabbage or cherry rhubarb, fried chicken, and mashed potatoes smothered with gravy. You can also get boysenberry sherbet or my favorite boysenberry pie for dessert!
Should Kids Go To Knott’s Berry Farm?
Yes! You should definitely bring your kids to Knott’s Berry Farm! My boys absolutely loved every minute we were there and are already asking me if we can get annual passes.
I would say that day was a success. Have you taken your kids to Knott’s Berry Farm? What did they like? Tell me in the comments below and let me know if you have any questions!
How to Get Discount Tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm
If you are planning to visit southern California, I highly suggest checking into vacation packages offered through my travel partner, Get Away Today.
They have the best customer service and offer discounts on tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm and other area attractions, like Disneyland.
You can save even more by bundling tickets and hotel rooms together. Many hotels offer free nights through Get Away Today so check them out here and use the code: MommyMouse!
More Southern California Tips: