Disneyland’s version of “The Grey Stuff’ in cupcake form! A sugar cookie base, red velvet cake, filled with raspberry preserves, topped with white chocolate OREO mousse, grey and white sprinkles, and cake crumbs.
Beauty and the Beast has always been one of my favorite movies since I was a little girl. I was kind of obsessed with the music and was determined to learn the famous songs on the piano.
I purchased the book and practiced and practiced until I had it!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
There is a line in the song Be Our Guest where Lumiere, the talking candlestick, sings to Belle,
Try the Grey Stuff it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Ask the Dishes!
If you have the chance to visit Disney World or Disneyland, you can try “The Grey Stuff” for yourself or you can make these yummy cupcakes right in your own kitchen!
Where Can You Get “The Grey Stuff”
I have had this yummy Beauty and the Beast inspired dessert at both Disneyland and Disney World. They are actually two different versions. Both delicious.
Walt Disney World
For lunch, you can order The Master’s Cupcake, which is chocolate sponge cake topped with The Grey Stuff.
At dinner time, The Grey Stuff is served in a white chocolate “Chip” cup and is absolutely adorable!
My favorite version of The Grey Stuff is the Grey Stuff Gâteau available at Disneyland. In Fantasyland, you can get this treat at Red Rose Tavern for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Here is the description:
White Chocolate Mousse and Red Velvet Cake with a Raspberry Center
All of this deliciousness is served on top of a shortbread cookie.
This is how the idea for Grey Stuff Cupcakes came about.
Grey Stuff Cupcakes
To make these cupcakes more authentic to the Disneyland version, you begin with a layer of sugar cookie dough.
The next layer is fluffy Red Velvet cake with sweet raspberry preserves in the middle.
On top of the cupcake is the famous Grey Stuff! Made with white chocolate pudding, crushed OREOS and whipped cream to make a decadent topping.
To finish the look, I found some pearl sprinkles and added some cake crumbs. The result is amazing!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Stand Mixer
- Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Pan
- Small Cookie Scoop
- Cupcake Corer
- Ziplock Bags
- Large Piping Bag
- Large Star Tip
Sugar Cookie Layer
- Vanilla Extract
- Egg Yolk
- Baking Powder
Red Velvet Cake Layer
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Butter, melted
- Sour Cream
- Raspberry Preserves
The Grey Stuff
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- OREO Cookies, ground into crumbs
- Grey Pearl Sprinkles
- White Pearl Sprinkles
- Cake Crumbs
Sugar Cookie Bottom
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg yolk and mix again.
- Slowly add the salt, baking powder, and flour until combined.
- Place cupcake liners in a cupcake/muffin pan. Use a small cookie scoop to add 1 tablespoon of cookie dough to each cup.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the cake mix, melted butter, sour cream, and buttermilk. Mix on low for 30 seconds, then on Medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop 3 tablespoons of cake batter over each sugar cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then remove from pan.
- Use a knife or cupcake corer to remove the center of each cupcake. Save the cupcake middles for later.
- Add the raspberry preserves to a ziplock bag, and pipe filling into each cupcake hole.
The Grey Stuff
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, white chocolate instant pudding, and OREO crumbs.
- Whip on high until stiff peaks are formed.
- Using a circular motion, pipe the Grey Stuff onto the cupcake.
- Immediately after piping on the Grey Stuff, add a few grey and white pearl sprinkles.
- Break up the cupcake middles, reserved from earlier, into small crumbs and sprinkle over the tops of the cupcakes.
More Disney Recipes:
- Short-Cut Mickey Beignets
- Disney Churro Bites
- Toy Story Land Grilled Cheese
- Easy Mickey Beignets
- Disneyland’s Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Disney Park Snacks Recipes
- Mickey-Shaped Treats
Watch the video here:
Disneyland Ticket Savings
There aren’t a lot of Disneyland ticket discounts out there, but they can be found if you know where to look.
Make sure that if you buy Disney tickets from a third party, that they an authorized ticket seller.
Get Away Today is almost always offering some kind of special on tickets and/or hotel vacation packages.
Use the promo code: MommyMouse to get an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package. (Hotel and 2 ticket minimum purchase to qualify for the discount.)