How to make adorable Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies, also known as “The Child” from the Disney+ show, The Mandalorian.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
My boys and I have spent a lot of time in front of the TV since the release of Disney+ a couple of months ago.
View this post on Instagram
Just kidding…😂😂😂 Who else has been enjoying the @disneyplus app way more than one should 🙋🏼♀️ ✨ We’ve already watched Mandalorian, Avengers: Endgame, Toy Story, Sleeping Beauty, A New Hope, Captain America, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Muppet Babies and I think there is a Duck Tales marathon in our future 😆 ✨ Do you have Disney+? What do you think? ✨ #disneyplus #disneymom #disneykid
I have loved watching all of my favorite childhood movies like Sleeping Beauty and Ducktales.
My husband and boys have really enjoyed all of the Avengers movies.
But our favorite program so far has been The Mandalorian.
The Mandalorian follows a bounty hunter through a galaxy far, far, away. But, the most popular character by far has been “The Child”.
“The Child” looks a lot like Yoda from the Star Wars Saga and many have nick-named him, Baby Yoda.
I’m not sure even Disney knew how much everyone would love Baby Yoda!
I have seen countless Baby Yoda souvenirs and t-shirts. I saw an idea on Facebook that you could use and angle cookie cutter and transform the finished product into a batch of Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies. Adorable!
If you like Star Wars, you might also like to make Light Saber Disney Churros.
Materials Needed to Make Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Dough, store bought or this recipe.
- Angel Cookie Cutter
- Ingredients for Decorating Icing
- Green Food Coloring
- Cocoa Powder
- Black Candies (for eyes)
Tools Needed to Make Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies
- Rolling Pin
- Angel Cookie Cutter
- Piping Bags
- Small Round Frosting Tips
- Squeeze Bottles
How to Make Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies
- Buy pre-made sugar cookie dough or use my favorite sugar cookie recipe.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the cookie dough and use an angel cookie cutter to cut Baby Yoda shaped cookies.
- Bake the cookies according to the package or recipe directions.
- Once the cookies have cooled, prepare the decorator frosting from this recipe.
- Divide the frosting in half. Use green gel food coloring to tint the first half and 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder to tint the other half.
- Take 1/4 of the green frosting and add powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon at a time until it is the consistency of toothpaste to make the outline frosting.
- Add it to the piping bag with a small round tip. Set aside.
- Add the other 3/4 green frosting to a squeeze bottle.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the brown frosting.
- Outline the bottom half of the cookie (Baby Yoda’s robe) with the thick brown frosting. Fill in the robe with the thin brown flood icing.
- Outline the top half of the cookie (Baby Yoda’s head) with the thick green frosting. Fill in the head with the thin green flood icing.
- Place two black candies in the center of the head for Baby Yoda’s eyes.
- Allow the cookies to dry completely then store in an air-tight container.
Disneyland Ticket Savings
There aren’t a lot of Disneyland ticket discounts out there, but they can be found if you know where to look.
Get Discount Disneyland Tickets Here
Make sure that if you buy Disney tickets from a third party, that they an authorized ticket seller.
I buy my tickets from Get Away Today. Their ticket prices are always a few dollars cheaper than Disneyland’s gate prices and you can now purchase tickets from them that include Disney MaxPass!
Get Away Today is almost always offering some kind of special on tickets and/or hotel vacation packages.
Use the promo code: MommyMouse to get an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package. (Hotel and 2 ticket minimum purchase to qualify for the discount.)
Click HERE for Disney World Specials