How to make adorable Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies, also known as “The Child” or “Grogu” from the Disney+ show, The Mandalorian.
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
My boys and I have spent a lot of time in front of the TV since the release of Disney+ a couple of months ago.
View this post on Instagram
Just kidding…😂😂😂 Who else has been enjoying the @disneyplus app way more than one should 🙋🏼♀️ ✨ We’ve already watched Mandalorian, Avengers: Endgame, Toy Story, Sleeping Beauty, A New Hope, Captain America, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Muppet Babies and I think there is a Duck Tales marathon in our future 😆 ✨ Do you have Disney+? What do you think? ✨ #disneyplus #disneymom #disneykid
My husband and boys have really enjoyed all of the Avengers movies.
But our favorite program so far has been The Mandalorian.
The Mandalorian follows a bounty hunter through a galaxy far, far, away. But, the most popular character by far has been “The Child”.
“The Child” looks a lot like Yoda from the Star Wars Saga and many have nick-named him, Baby Yoda.
I’m not sure even Disney knew how much everyone would love Baby Yoda!
I have seen countless Baby Yoda souvenirs and t-shirts. I saw an idea on Facebook that you could use and angle cookie cutter and transform the finished product into a batch of Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies. Adorable!
If you like Star Wars, you might also like to make Light Saber Disney Churros.
Materials Needed to Make Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Dough, store bought or this recipe.
- Angel Cookie Cutter
- Ingredients for Decorating Icing
- Green Food Coloring
- Cocoa Powder
- Black Candies (for eyes)
Tools Needed to Make Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies
- Rolling Pin
- Angel Cookie Cutter
- Piping Bags
- Small Round Frosting Tips
- Squeeze Bottles
How to Make Baby Yoda Sugar Cookies
- Buy pre-made sugar cookie dough or use my favorite sugar cookie recipe.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the cookie dough and use an angel cookie cutter to cut Baby Yoda shaped cookies.
- Bake the cookies according to the package or recipe directions.
- Once the cookies have cooled, prepare the decorator frosting from this recipe.
- Divide the frosting in half. Use green gel food coloring to tint the first half and 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder to tint the other half.
- Take 1/4 of the green frosting and add powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon at a time until it is the consistency of toothpaste to make the outline frosting.
- Add it to the piping bag with a small round tip. Set aside.
- Add the other 3/4 green frosting to a squeeze bottle.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the brown frosting.
- Outline the bottom half of the cookie (Baby Yoda’s robe) with the thick brown frosting. Fill in the robe with the thin brown flood icing.
- Outline the top half of the cookie (Baby Yoda’s head) with the thick green frosting. Fill in the head with the thin green flood icing.
- Place two black candies in the center of the head for Baby Yoda’s eyes.
- Allow the cookies to dry completely then store in an air-tight container.
Disneyland Ticket Savings
There aren’t a lot of Disneyland ticket discounts out there, but they can be found if you know where to look.
Make sure that if you buy Disney tickets from a third party, that they an authorized ticket seller.
Get Away Today is almost always offering some kind of special on tickets and/or hotel vacation packages.
Use the promo code: MommyMouse to get an extra $10 off any 2-night or longer Southern California vacation package. (Hotel and 2 ticket minimum purchase to qualify for the discount.)