The best easy microwave soft caramels recipe! Perfectly chewy and super simple to make this delicious candy in just 7 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
During the holidays, I love everything homemade. Soft caramels are no exception.
I love when a neighbor or friend shows up at my door with homemade caramels. They are delicious!
I’ve tried making caramels myself on the stovetop, but alas, I think caramel hates me. I am never able to get caramel to set up, be soft enough, etc.
But, these Homemade Microwave Soft Caramels are different. I have made them many times and they are pretty much fool proof, they come out perfect every time, and they are so easy to make! It literally takes 7 minutes.
Microwave Soft Caramels Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/8-1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
Try this Easy Fast Fudge Recipe HERE!
How to Make Homemade Microwave Soft Caramels
- Begin by melting 1/4 cup of butter.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, and salt to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Stir together until everything is incorporated.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and set the timer for 2 minutes 30 seconds. (Time is based on 1000 watt microwave. You may need to adjust time and power for your microwave wattage)
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir.
- Microwave the bowl again for 2 minutes 30 seconds and remove to stir.
- Microwave the caramels for a final 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla until incorporated.
- Pour the heated mixture into a generously greased 9×9 glass dish.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Check to see if the caramels are solid enough to cut into pieces. For me, I let it sit at room temperature for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the caramels into your desired shape and size and wrap in wax paper.
Pretty simple, huh? And the recipients of your soft caramels will definitely thank you!
Make sure you pin this recipe so you will have it whenever the need for homemade microwave soft caramels strikes!
More Christmas Recipes:
Christmas Crack Chex Mix
Gingerbread Mickey Beignets
Frosted Eggnog Cookies
Cookie Butter No-Bake Cheesecake
Mickey Mouse Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats
Melt-Away Christmas Cookies
The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe
Easy Fast Fudge
Santa Sugar Cookies
Gingerbread Sugar Cookies
Check out the How-To Video Below: