An easy, delicious Creamy Chicken Chili recipe that your whole family will love. Make it as an entree or serve it with tortilla chips as an appetizer!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back to me that helps me run my blog at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Every year, my neighborhood has a get-together that includes a soup and chili competition.
For some reason, competition really gets me going and I love to take on the challenge. Because of this, for the past five years, I have entered and won the contest!
This Creamy Chicken Chili has won twice! The first time I made this chili, I prepared it in a slow cooker which was super easy.
Last year I wanted to convert the recipe to be made in my Instant Pot and I love it just as much!
Creamy Chicken Chili
This chili recipe really is a “dump and go” type recipe. And with the addition of the Instant Pot instructions, it can be made in under 30 minutes!
You’ll be enjoying a warm bowl of the creamy goodness before you know it. It’s the perfect recipe for a cool fall or winter night, or to serve to guests on game day.
I like to serve it with a warm slice of Sweet Moist Corn Bread or in a yummy bred bowl.
If you want, this chili is thick enough to be served as a dip with tortilla chips! It’s the perfect entree or appetizer.
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Chili
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Red Beans
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Rotel or Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Ranch Dressing Seasoning Packet
- 1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1 Block Cream Cheese, 8 ounces
Creamy Chicken Chili Slow Cooker Instructions
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken breasts at the bottom.
- Pour the can of black beans, red beans, corn, and Rotel over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the spices, ranch dressing packet, and liquid smoke over the bean mixture and stir lightly to mix.
- Place the cream cheese on top and cover the slow cooker with the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken, shred and place back in the slow cooker.
- Stir the chili until the cream cheese is melted and all mixed in.
Creamy Chicken Chili Instant Pot Instructions
- Spray the inside of the Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the pot.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients, except for the cream cheese, over the chicken.
- Put the lid on and close the vent. Set the manual timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release and remove the chicken.
- Cube the softened cream cheese and add it to the chili to melt while you shred the chicken.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot.
- Serve the chili once the cream cheese is mixed in.
Top this delicious Creamy Chicken Chili with sour cream, cheese, salsa, jalapeños, tortilla strips, etc. I promise this will be one of the easiest, yummiest, chili recipe you’ll ever make!
Make sure you Pin this recipe for later! It is one you definitely won’t want to forget!
If you post your creation on Instagram, tag @mommymousecllubhouse! I want to see what you’ve made!