Amazing Melt in Your Mouth Sweet Cream Pancakes is the best pancake recipe around and will be the only pancake recipe you’ll ever need!
Sweet and dreamy!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back that helps me run my blog at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
I love pancakes and I think they are probably the BEST breakfast food ever created.
I still love a good omelette with a side of crispy bacon, but eating a pancake for breakfast is like going to a party at your breakfast table.
The great thing about pancakes is that you can dress them up however you want, topped with fruit, drizzled with chocolate syrup or salted caramel ganache, or with classic maple syrup.
How I found out about Sweet Cream Pancakes
Recently, my family and I ate dinner at a local restaurant that happened to server breakfast all day.
I looked at their breakfast menu and found sweet cream pancakes, so of course that’s what I ordered!
Let me tell you, they were amazing! The pancakes were so sweet and dreamy, they probably didn’t even need syrup. You know I still used syrup though, right?
The poor, sad members of my family who didn’t order the pancakes were desperately asking for bite after bite of my delicious meal.
I knew that I needed to recreated this deliciousness at home for breakfast the next morning.
I ended up adapting my buttermilk pancake recipe by replacing the buttermilk with heavy whipping cream.
I also added a little more sugar to make the pancakes a little sweeter. BAM! We had a winner!
Breakfast Recipes You Will Love:
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Milk, for thinning the batter if desired
Helpful Kitchen Items
How to Make Sweet Cream Pancakes
- Begin by combining all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, vanilla, and heavy cream.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- THE BATTER WILL BE THICK because you are using heavy cream. If it is too thick for your liking, thin the batter with a little milk.
- Heat your griddle to medium high heat (about 300 to 325 degrees) and spray the surface with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until little battle begin to appear.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Because the batter is thick and uses heavy cream, expect the pancakes to take a little longer than standard pancakes to cook on each side.
Optional Toppings for Pancakes
These pancakes will take a few extra minutes to cook, but boy is it worth it!
I feel like pancakes are kind of like the blank canvas of breakfast foods!
You can add different toppings to create totally different experiences. Below you will find recipes for some of my favorite pancake toppings!
This is by far my favorite way to enjoy this pancake recipe.
For this version, all you will need is butter and maple syrup!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
For this decadent version, you will need peanut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips.
A peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream!
Birthday Cake Sweet Cream Pancakes are the favorite of my kids!
To make this version, you will need sprinkles, whipped cream, and maple syrup.
This version could definitely double as a dessert recipe!
Sweet Cream Pancakes with a cheesecake topping, chopped strawberries, and graham cracker crumbs! Make sure to pin this recipe so you will always be able to make these unbelievable pancakes whenever you crave them!
What is your favorite pancake topping? Tell me in the comments down below!