The best Easy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins are moist and full of bananas and cinnamon. The perfect banana muffin recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
Being the wife of a firefighter means that my boys and I eat dinner alone 2 or 3 nights a week. Since I am just making dinner for 3 little guys, I want to make something that I know they will eat.
At our house, that’s muffins. Yes, sometimes we eat muffins for dinner! My boys will not eat just any old muffin though.
These boys could almost be considered muffin connoisseurs, with the amount of muffins and number of different recipes they’ve tasted.
After all that trial and error, there is only one muffin that I know they will eat EVERY TIME. Easy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins.
In fact, I usually buy extra bananas each week and wait for them to become super ripe, just to make these muffins!
The great thing about these muffins is that they are easy to make with only a few ingredients, and they come together so quickly.
You can have soft, warm muffins on your table in 30 minutes!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Large Bananas, mashed
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
Helpful Kitchen Items
How to Make Easy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients together until full incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. For this batch, I used these paper liners for half of the muffins (that we were going to give away) and these colorful silicon cupcake liners for the muffins were going to keep. I like that the silicon liners are reusable and they also make great snack cups in lunch boxes!
- Fill each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup of batter. To measure out the batter, I use a Medium Cookie Scoop that holds about 2 Tablespoons. I put two scoops of batter per cup, which equals about 1/4 cup. It helps to make the muffins a consistent size.
- Here comes the fun part! Mix the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top of each muffin and, if you feel like it, swirl the mixture into the batter with a toothpick. This part is totally optional though.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Then enjoy your delicious, Easy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Muffins!
Make sure you Pin this recipe so you’ll have the recipe handy when you want to make a quick and easy breakfast!
Check out more yummy breakfast recipes here.