A delicious tossed Italian salad with your favorite dressing and loaded with healthy vegetables, pepperoni, cheese, and drizzled with balsamic glaze. Serve as a meal on it’s own or as a side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on these links, I get a small percentage back at no cost to you! For more information see my disclosure policy.
We have kind of been in a salad rut lately. I love the salads that are in our rotation like this Big Mac Chopped Salad, this Protein-Packed Cobb Salad, and my favorite Honeycrisp Harvest Salad.
But I’ve felt like we needed to add something different to our routine. A few weeks ago, we were passing through Las Vegas on our way to Disneyland, and we stopped to eat dinner at BJ’s Restaurant.
I was craving salad at the time and came across their Enlightened Grilled Chicken Antipasto Salad and decided to try it. It was amazing!
When we returned home from our vacation, I looked up the ingredients and started to come up with a recipe to re-create this salad at home.
The result is delicious! My 12-year-old wanted to taste my salad and asked for his own bowl. I’ve never seen him gobble up so many vegetables in my life!
Ingredients for Tossed Italian Salad
- 1 Head of Lettuce, I use Romaine or Butter Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup of your Favorite Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 Cups Grilled or Rotisserie Chicken, Diced
- 4 Ounces Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Seasoned Artichoke Hearts, diced
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 2/3 Cup Peperoncinis, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Bacon Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan, shredded
- Balsamic Glaze for drizzling
How to Make Tossed Italian Salad
- Wash and chop the lettuce and add it to a large bowl.
- Measure 1/2 cup of your favorite Italian dressing, add it to the bowl and toss the lettuce to coat in the dressing.
- Add the diced chicken, pepperoni, halved tomatoes, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, olives, and peperoncini peppers.
- Stir the salad ingredients together until mixed well.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top of the salad, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
What to serve with Tossed Italian Salad
Other Low Carb Recipes: